News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Is there any way to enlarge the UI?

Started by David2020, June 06, 2019, 09:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David2020

As I have added larger monitors to my PC the Banished interface has become unusable. Very tiny.

I love the game and wanted to revisit with the newer mods but I simply can't read the UI. Other than the sliders in the menu, is there any way to make the User Interface larger?

I appreciate any help offered. Thank you.

RedKetchup

i think we discuted of this like 1 or 2 month ago ... but cant remember where on this forum.. maybe someone knows what happended next.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

Found this on the Steam forums and might be what you need. The first part you've already done but editing the registry is worth a try.

This is implemented in the game. It's in Options > Game > 'User Interface Scaling'. Lower values make the UI elements larger, but it only goes down to 75 in game. If you edit the registry, you can change it to a different value (50 is a comfortable value for me at 4k res)

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Shining Rock Software LLC\Banished
Key name: GameUIScale

Thread is here
https://steamcommunity.com/app/242920/discussions/0/1739968490572913623/

brads3

check the download section for DS mods. he may have some other UI mods so you can see better.

David2020

Thank you for the help. It would be a real shame if this game were to become obsolete. I will let you know what I find.

David2020

Well I am happy! The registry fix works perfectly.

For reference I am using an Acer Predator XB321HK 32-inch, 4K monitor. I found that 75 to 85 was the ideal range, the UI scaled perfectly and one could fine tune it as much as you wish. It took about 2 minutes to do this fix in regedit.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help, Banished is one of those games I will always come back to, and I can now. Yay!

moonbelf

Woot! Glad the registry fix worked for you :)