News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Anno 2205

Started by assobanana76, September 16, 2015, 01:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

I know many of you hate Ubisoft (and my first and only experience with them was a night of blasphemy to start Uplay) but this ..
it looks... awesome!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QMmlvR6gIk

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

Yes, I've seen this, too and even if it's a very expensive game, I might buy it. It's on the market i November. As far as I've understand it, opposite to 2070, you don't have to play online on the UBI server and that's an improvement!

assobanana76

Quote from: Nilla on September 16, 2015, 02:49:51 AM
Yes, I've seen this, too and even if it's a very expensive game, I might buy it. It's on the market i November. As far as I've understand it, opposite to 2070, you don't have to play online on the UBI server and that's an improvement!

Well of course it is only a dream for me given my old PC ..  :'(
as is even Cities: Skyline or Medieval Ages ..
but I will survey my eyes with the gameplay of those who can afford to play!
with my pc I can just get to play SC4, Banished and "Anno 2070" .. I also bought Tropico 4 but never opened!  ;D
but have you seen those dams and those mountains as they seem.. so.. real .. !!
awesome!!

But one thing I can criticize .. there are no constructive steps .. at least 3 like Banished or an evolution like C:S.
the building appears from nowhere in a fog as you put on the ground.. puuufffff!!! and when the fog clears it appears the building!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 16, 2015, 03:10:00 AM
Well of course it is only a dream for me given my old PC ..  :'(

@assobanana76, you should research building your own computer. I did a couple of years ago and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Now I'm saving up for a second, which will take some time, but should be doable by next year. Google "build your own computer" and you'll be amazed by all the articles and how-to videos that pop up.

My computer is no screamer, but here's a pic (I just put in a different video card which is better than the one shown)

Gordon Dry

But it's still on grid.

Today a city builder from a big company should be able to place curved roads and rotate everything in free angles.
I want to see serpentine cobblestone roads etc.

rkelly17

Quote from: Gordon Dry on September 16, 2015, 07:06:09 AM
But it's still on grid.

Today a city builder from a big company should be able to place curved roads and rotate everything in free angles.
I want to see serpentine cobblestone roads etc.

Wouldn't that be great! Even the city-builders that have curved roads don't have curved lots and truly free angles in my experience.  :'(  Cities XXL has completely inflexible lot sizes. Cities: Skylines leaves one with all sorts of 1X1 lots that are pretty useless in High Density neighborhoods and ugly everywhere. I built one city in concentric circles (  ::) ) and spent many hours saying bad words. The abomination currently claiming to be Sim City takes the worst ideas from everywhere. If the lots won't curve, there's not much incentive to curve the roads. It's weird that the most fun city builder remains the fully gridded SC4--though NAM does add curves. That being said, I do play Cities: Skylines and have fun.

assobanana76

for the "reconstruction" of the assembled PC would not be a problem .. I have a friend who is a computer whiz.
the problem is that I should change many things.
I doubled the RAM, myself, but it was not enough.
He says I should change at least the motherboard and processor and I believe the cost is not currently within my reach! (this month do not even know if the salary will be enough!)
I should also change the video card (already upgraded it a little while ago in order to play Banished)
if I had known that I had so much passionate to City-Building would have bought a DirectX11.
in order to play Cities: Skyline should also move to 64bit ..

rkelly17

Ah, yes, the eternal problem: I need more computer but I have less money. A lot depends on where one lives, too. Our federal government has made Canada's economy dependent on selling expensive tar sands oil, so lately we've been hit with a low Canadian dollar and the prices of all computer components are going up and up.  >:( :'(  If the US Federal Reserve raises interest rates today we'll get hit again. My other hobby is taking a price hit, too; model railroading stuff is almost entirely made in China these days. I need a locally produced hobby!

assobanana76

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 17, 2015, 05:41:21 AM
Ah, yes, the eternal problem: I need more computer but I have less money. A lot depends on where one lives, too. Our federal government has made Canada's economy dependent on selling expensive tar sands oil, so lately we've been hit with a low Canadian dollar and the prices of all computer components are going up and up.  >:( :'(  If the US Federal Reserve raises interest rates today we'll get hit again. My other hobby is taking a price hit, too; model railroading stuff is almost entirely made in China these days. I need a locally produced hobby!

This could solve many of your problems !!  ;D

you just have to get some good modders to create a mod so fantastic!  ;D

DesoPL

Dat roads. :O

Anyway. Anno as long with Settlers is the only games, i could ever play on Uplay.

PredatorBeing

And for those that dont know and are fans of the Anno series, 1800 has been announced for Winter 2018