News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Old Town V1.03

Started by kid1293, August 17, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

@taniu - I did not think of saying, you maybe have to rotate upper floors to fit the ground one.
I do not have a road in front. But I have extended roadtile inside building. You see where the door is.
It is made to make it possible to have upper floors.

taniu

@ kid1293 :D Thank you for the good advice, you were right, where the door, I can now put up three floors of buildings along the road. Cheers!

JM

Would it be possible to move the roadtile out of the building and add some stairs? This would make it possible to build houses on a slope or at the top of a small hill. I use the upper part of RK colorful houses in this way. I like them and I use them often, but it's non-ghosted part is too close to the house, so when the slope is not too steep, part of the house looks like it's in the air. Unless I use a terraforming tool, but then a nearly vertical slope is created, and it can not be undone.

It would be nice to have more houses that can stand on a hill, not just in the base plane.

Thank you and all other modders for your work and time ( and also for your patience with endless demands  :) ).

Abandoned

@JM The stacked houses have no stairs so they can be placed side by side, I don't think @kid1293 will want to change them

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2505.msg51647#msg51647

kid1293

Quote from: JM on August 30, 2018, 04:09:37 PM
It would be nice to have more houses that can stand on a hill, not just in the base plane.

Hi @JM - I have thought about it long ago but I did not follow up on it.
There are a lot of problems to be overcome for this to happen.
The obvious is floating houses. It can maybe be done with several f-key
houses with different elevation.
Other problems are that bannies will walk right through. Does not look good.
And of course trees! Growing through the roof.

I will include it in my 'pile of ideas' but don't hope to much. It has no high priority.

galensgranny

Oh, I forget to thank you for adding a jail, Kid!  That was one thing I had made a post about that we needed, after I had two murders in my town.

kid1293

Hello Granny!
I hope you are alright!

I made a jail for Ghost Town and I hope you don't mind it is a church. :)
Sort of keeping the bannies on the right track  :D

galensgranny

I am doing Ok, Kid, with some bad times when I come across something of my mother's or think to tell her something, but can't since she is gone.
I think it is good for the jail to act as a church, so then it will be more of a rehabilitation place.  But, I am sending those criminals deep into the mines to do hard labor.

brads3

found a glitch to the boardinghouse.building a road along the front there is a dead spot to the left of the door in front of the addition.

kid1293

:-[ Found it. A missing character in code.

I have uploaded a fixed version. Thanks :)

brads3

the 2 story houses build offset from the 1st floor.i thought i placed the 2nd floor to far forward.i didn't find a way to delete or stop them from building the 2nd floor either.can they get a remove button so they could be deleted after being built at least?

kid1293

They have a remove button.
I got so confused I started game and built two floors. Upper floor has remove button.

Maldrick

Been getting back into the game the past couple weeks.  Discovered this gem and just wanted to say thanks to @kid1293 .  When you get into playing with all of the amazing mods we have it's easy to forget how great the vanilla game is and this is a really nice addition without going too crazy with new chains and whatnot.

There are always new people over on the reddit asking what mods to start with when they finish with vanilla.  I'm going to start suggesting this one.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Thanks! I really did try to hold back on things.
I always liked vanilla and now I got the chance to do something like that.
And I enjoyed it! :)

JM

In my current game, bannies bring bread to the root cellar. If I'm not mistaken, the root cellar can store only fruits and vegetables. Bread comes from Kid's Old Town Bakery. I also use RK Old Bakery, which produces pie and cakes. Old town is above RK bakery. Kid's bakery, like the RK Bakery, produces bread only from flour. I supposed the bread would be flagged as grain. Does my bread have any other flags?