News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Debug Menu

Started by LadyMarmalade, June 02, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMarmalade

Sorry to post another question but this one only just came to me.

I downloaded the debug menu mod so that I could test a few theories out, etc.  I just can't make out what the population button does in the bottom righthand corner?  In my current game it contains a long list of all the wild animals ..but Im not sure why?
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

RedKetchup

Quote from: LadyMarmalade on June 02, 2018, 01:29:18 PM
Sorry to post another question but this one only just came to me.

I downloaded the debug menu mod so that I could test a few theories out, etc.  I just can't make out what the population button does in the bottom righthand corner?  In my current game it contains a long list of all the wild animals ..but Im not sure why?

this feature isnt doing anything in the game, only when you are in toolkit building mode
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

LadyMarmalade

Ah ok!  Thank you, RK :)
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

brads3

there is 1 that adds more bannies to your population. did you try unpausing the game? sounds like you hit the make all items visible or the livestock buttons.there is also 1 to give you all seeds and all orchards. or you can add logs,food,or other supplies.

Willows

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does the debug menu do? Should I download and use it? :)
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

RedKetchup

yup those other buttons works .. out of the custom1-9 (they all give custom0 +100)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Willows on June 02, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but what does the debug menu do? Should I download and use it? :)

only if you want to cheat badly ^^

brads3

it is a test tool or a cheat. depends how you use it. you can add items when your villages get into trouble to over come shortages.or to add bannies if you kill a lot of them.so that way it is a cheat.
    it is handy  to test new mods. you can place buildings without taking time to build them.gives you a way to see mods in game.with my crazy mod order i use the debug to test and fix problems. i can move mods in the order ,then use the debug to quick build the buildings and see if they function.plus you can hit the make all items visible and quick build a townhall to check inventory for items that have no name.

all in how you use it really. it has been a helpful tool.i left a map when a big group of bnomads arrived. went to the next map i debugged and added the same # of bannies to start with.plus adjusted the food for them for the 1st year. map i am on now has a problem with oats.after this map,i will move a few mods and use the debug to place an oat field to be sure it is solved. lot faster than waiting for the merchant to bring oat seed in a game.

Willows

One thing I've noticed, is that when not playing the Frontier, or Native Village scenario, but want the Native buildings, is that the traders take forever to bring the Native Artifacts or Arrowheads to buy. Seriously,  I had 3 general traders up and going, and in 30 game years saw the general trader (as opposed to the seed or resources guy) come only once. I asked for the arrowheads and artifact to be brought "every visits" and then never saw a general trader again.  This happened in 4 separate games I tried.

Would the debug menu allow me to just add those items to the game without waiting on the trader, just so I can build some Native huts for my bannies?

brads3

it won't allow you to pick a specific item to increase. it does go by flags. but you can quick build the buildings or the burial ground. that is 1 advantage,you can make up your own start map.
    you could add the frontier addon mod and that allows houses and teepees that don't require the artifacts.and YANDERSON's teepee mod.the frontier addon mod has some issues with the fort pieces not producing correctly.the indian parts worked well and has the burial ground included.

Willows

Oh, I am playing CC right now, but I know about the add ons for non-CC play. But if I could build the burial ground for collecting artifacts, without playing that particular start condition, that would help at least. Thank you very much, I will think about adding the debug menu.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Willows on June 02, 2018, 03:13:41 PM
Oh, I am playing CC right now, but I know about the add ons for non-CC play. But if I could build the burial ground for collecting artifacts, without playing that particular start condition, that would help at least. Thank you very much, I will think about adding the debug menu.
The Debug menu is a "cheat" as much as anything can be one when you're playing a game by yourself.  I use it to alter my start conditions since there's nothing available in vanilla or modded (as far as I know) that gives me the setup I want.  So, I start on Hard, which gives me no seeds or livestock, and four families.  But I want more people, and there's a button that adds four educated adults at a time.  They won't necessarily be couples, but it does give me more bodies without increasing the starting supplies.
I also use it when I want to see what a new building does.  So for instance I recently used Debug in a throw-away game to add one each of all the various bakeries available in megamod, and compare them.

Of course, if you only want to have a true sandbox experience, you can use Debug to give yourself all the seeds & crops, add stone, iron, logs, and so on, and just build whatever town you want.  I've tried that and I discovered that I don't enjoy playing when there's no challenge at all, but I think it's a valid way to use the game if that's what you like.

brads3

you can use the frontier addon mod with the CC.that way the huts can be built easier.

Willows

Won't adding a CC standalone mod like Frontier, to a game already being played with CC that has Frontier, cause a crash or something?

Voeille

Speaking of Debug Menu, for some reason it's not present by default in the mod kit game 1.0.7 (it was in 1.0.7 beta), I tried to use the mod I have in the main game, but it just doesn't work in the mod kit one. And the mod kit one is where I actually need it more. Is there a way to add it?