News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

Thanks for feedback everyone :) keep it coming.

@Paeng ,

- I noticed the missing string texts also, thanks.
- Okay I will give the drift wood collector the ability to choose production.
- Yep, I thought that may have been the case with Merchants office, I'd forgotten to test this UI with small resolutions. I will make another edit to it, adding scroll options and making the window shrink automatically.
- The stairs that go up and upper jetty pieces were originally designed to get up to the Stone Bridge, but now that is removed there isn't really much use from them. They can be built next to the Jetty House like you said, though Bannies won't use the balcony. Another version I will add to this. I would like to make more buildings sitting on different levels. So Housing and storage will be a must :) But once the Stone Bridges are done, they will come in handy as this will include even more houses at this higher level.

Regarding the boats not visiting. @RedKetchup , @kid1293 etc, I have the boat arrive point as 'boat1' in the model points, is this the same you use?

Paeng

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 30, 2017, 03:09:35 PMoriginally designed to get up to the Stone Bridge

Ah, I see... thanks for the heads up  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 30, 2017, 03:09:35 PM
Regarding the boats not visiting. @RedKetchup , @kid1293 etc, I have the boat arrive point as 'boat1' in the model points, is this the same you use?

I always use boat_001

QueryEverything

Quote from: Paeng on April 30, 2017, 02:26:15 PM
@Discrepancy, I got a question regarding those 3rd tier jetty stairs... can you describe a situation or show a screen how you meant these to be used?

I just found out that they fit nicely to a particular 2-storey house... or to get around some hill near the shore... but maybe I'm overlooking some even more clever use? It's been nagging me ever since...   :-[   :)

That looks very cool :)  I like what you did with the house & stairs :)

Thanks for feedback everyone :) keep it coming.

- I would like to make more buildings sitting on different levels. So Housing and storage will be a must :) But once the Stone Bridges are done, they will come in handy as this will include even more houses at this higher level.

More storage?  Well now ...  you see I have a remarkably medium sized list of storage I have in mind ... hahaha
Maybe only half joking @Discrepancy ;)
I am missing for my small nooks & crannys (between buildings etc) little 1 x 2 (2x1) storage, enough to drop in between a little alley etc, and especially handy near docklands as well.  ;) 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Discrepancy

Quote from: kid1293 on April 30, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

I always use boat_001

Okay :) all good. I was mistaken anyway. I had actually used boat_001 anyway, don't know why I wrote boat1 earlier  ::)

RedKetchup

i also have boat_001

btw, do you need this topic being switched to 1.0.7 forum ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

UPDATED:

v1.01

This is a minor bug-fix update, fixing non-critical issues, so may not be necessary for some players.

v1.01 -  01052017  --  minor bug fix.      - .pkm = 139,202 KB (135 MB)   | .rar = 31,304 KB (30.5 MB)
              - Adds the option to build a Jetty Driftwood Searcher.
              - fixed issue where Village Drawbridge was not displaying its toolbar text.
              - changed radius (now smaller) of all fishing locations - this was an edit missed out in last build.
              - lowered the total height of the Jetty Merchant's Office UI box.
              - fixed professions file location. worker will not be doubled in professions UI.

QueryEverything

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

Update on my post: I am now confident it's some sort of pathing issue with lake versus river placement of the merchant, possibly also related to the Very Large terrain size I used to make the lake.
Placed a Jetty Merchant on the river and the trader stopped just as it should, see images below, this makes me very happy because the Jetty Merchant is one of the most appealing looking of the trade post buildings.
So, not a bug per se, more a "quirk"  ;D

Placed on the river:

Gratuitous close-up just because the Jetty Merchant looks so damned good it's a shame not to use it!

QueryEverything

I have been really enjoying the updated Jetty & Bridge mod, there are a lot of components, but certainly worth it :) 

Some feedback:
--  Housing, love the new houses, it feels good in the mod, and it certainly looks good.  My 1 (maybe 2) request with this is:  In the large Houses (you can see the 2 at the end of the fish drying buildings), I would love to see 2 new models, a flat backed (straight), and a right angled building (mirror to the left), so you can design a nice courtyard with them.  Left, Middle, Right.  Or, Left, middle middle, Right

--  I would love to have a 1 x 2 walkway storage, I know, I know; you can create long lengths of walking storage using the 1x1, but a 1x2 wouldn't hurt :D  (cosmetic, and not a deal breaker :D )

--  Decorations aren't everyones cup of tea, but I would love to see some more, ghosted where possible, to add bits & pieces to the houses and the fishing spots, seafood pots, nets, stack of rods & reels etc.  (again, cosmetic & and not a deal breaker)

--  LOVE the little fishing spots, I've created a nice little fishing nook at the end of the housing, next to the merchant and I really love how it's come out, thank you very much, as you know this has been a 'wish list' item for me for a long time, and I think they're sweet.  :)

--  Large Jetty Shed & Large Jetty Storage - the notes say that they must have an accessible side, (in my case the front), but does that mean that they can't be accessed from the General Jetty Merchant?  If that's the case, would you consider allowing it to be that they can be accessed by the merchant, a walkway, or by any other piece of the dock system?
In my screenshot you can see I have Fish Drying on the left, then the Large Jetty Storage Shed, then the merchant, and I don't have a walk path between the Shed & the Merchant.
This is a cosmetic thing mainly, but with the walkway already built into the storage it looks like it 'should' be a walkway when attached to another piece of the dock set.

--  Numbers, I don't have any really, I've stopped & started the build and moved things around so I don't have a full 2 season comparison.  And I am happy so far with the fish supplies & the output :)  No starving Bannies so far :D :D :D

--  Other buildings in the shot are from @Necora and his sets.  The Maritimes Fisheries & Docks, as well as his housing, they all look very GOOD together :D
Very happy with how this area is looking!!
Housing:  Maritimes Pine Set Ver 103 103.01
Inshore Fisheries:  Maritimes Collection - Prince Edward Island Shore Fisheries v104  (these do require dock pieces @Discrepancy pieces do work, or you can grab Necora's

For those (if any) are sitting on the fence with this mod, I can honestly say it's awesome, and I think you should download it :) 

Nipplonius

It would be so awesome if this got added to Megamod.

QueryEverything

Hiya @Discrepancy

:D

Just come back to here after spending more time in the Dock Lands, and I wanted to add a bit more to my post above (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1482.msg32532#msg32532)...

Drift Wood Collector and Drift Wood Searcher
I like these both, I do use them, and I like the little addon to the river system and the lake docks :)  My 1 thing so far (no prizes for guessing), that they destroy down to somethingnothinghusks, which is by design, and I see why.  However, I wonder though about changing how this works.

Take for instance today, I was building the new area and I misplaced the 'Drift Wood Collector' I 'remove building' over it (brand new), and it became untouchable, derelict, yuck. 
Is there a way, like the mines & houses, that we can 'upgrade' the Wood Collector & Searcher, and through the upgrade we then get the ability to destroy it completely?
I quite like the derelict building, and would suit an area that needs some TLC, and would happily keep it - but, I would like to see an option where you can remove it entirely.
I'm not sure if you can set it to only be removable before 50% use etc.  I'd be happy with 80% use, 80-100% can remove, anything less, you're stuck. :)
- Also, just a little bit more give in the placement, nearly took me as long to place my 2 as it would a Fishing Dock.  Hahaha

Jetty Fish Drying building & similar buildings (including the one in the above post)
Do these act as walkways, or no?  If one is jutting out into the water, are buildings in the water accessible via these service & resource buildings?  It looks like it, but I wanted to double check :D  Some Bannies walk over them, others don't.  Odd little Bannies ;)

Other
Just want to bump the idea of the houses again :)  Having a couple of flatbacked houses, and mirrors to the 2 that are already there in the 'Jetty House' set :)
I really love the look to them, and would like to see more added.

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 02, 2017, 10:01:00 PMI have been really enjoying the updated Jetty & Bridge mod, there are a lot of components, but certainly worth it :) 

Some feedback:
--  Housing, love the new houses, it feels good in the mod, and it certainly looks good.  My 1 (maybe 2) request with this is:  In the large Houses (you can see the 2 at the end of the fish drying buildings), I would love to see 2 new models, a flat backed (straight), and a right angled building (mirror to the left), so you can design a nice courtyard with them.  Left, Middle, Right.  Or, Left, middle middle, Right

Discrepancy

Thanks for your feedback @QueryEverything , you have made me realise that it is only I who can see the pathing of the jetty pieces. sorry about that. I hope to fix that with this post.

Jetty Pathing

allows travel = _
does not allow travel = #

citizens can walk on angles so any cell touching a corner of a diagonal will allow travel. for example:

All of the walkway pieces on the main menu line: 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, stairs, lower pieces and higher pieces allow travel over the whole walkway, they can enter/exit on any side/corner.
1x1
String _pathBitmap =
"_";
1x2
String _pathBitmap =
"_
_";
1x3
String _pathBitmap =
"_
_
_";
etc...

All of the Bridges are the same except for the raised drawbridge which will not allow travel. (I will discuss the angled bridge pieces later)

The Corner pieces are different, they don't allow travel, but contain a floor which stops the citizens falling to the ground when they walk across a diagonal cell:
String _pathBitmap =
"#";

Using the corners on the jetty above will still allow travel, while making the jetty look better and stop citizens dropping as they cross the corner:

the above pathing would look like this, with all the other surrounding cells being water, to a citizen they are 'no-go-zones' already:
String _pathBitmap =
"_____#
     #____";

The Angle walkway pieces:
The 1x1, like the straight piece, allows travel on all sides/corners.
String _pathBitmap =
"_";

the 2x2 pieces: Straight to Angle and the 2x2 walkway, both have pathing like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"_#
#_";

so they only allow diagonal travel in the direction of the model.

Now onto the buildings.

All of the Housing requires an accessible cell in front of the front door. The actual use point is in front of the front door.

Storage:
The 1x1 Jetty Storage & Low Jetty Storage both do not allow travel:
String _pathBitmap =
"#";

The 2x2 Large Jetty Storage also does not allow travel:
String _pathBitmap =
"##
##";

The 2x3 Jetty Storage Shed does allow travel along the front:
String _pathBitmap =
"##
##
__";

likewise,
the 6x5 Jetty Storage Barn also allows travel along the front, and also through the building and out the back doors:
String _pathBitmap =
"______
##__##
##__##
##__##
##__##";

The 1x1 Jetty Storage Walk & Low Jetty Storage Walk both allow travel by citizens like a normal 1x1 walkway:
String _pathBitmap =
"_";

The Driftwood Collector / Searcher allows travel over model like this:
The top line is the front of building ramp.
String _pathBitmap =
"___
#__
#__";

When depleted and becomes a destroyed building, it does not allow travel across the model at all.

The Jetty Firewood Splitter allows travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"##
__";

The 1x1 Jetty Fishing Spot & lower variant both have the jetty part of model allowing travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"_
#";

The 3x3 Jetty Fishing Dock has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"___
___
_##";

The 6x4 Jetty Mollusc Farm has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"######
______
##_###
##_###";

The 6x4 Jetty Fish Drying has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"#__###
___#_#
##___#
_____#";

The 1x1 Jetty Well does not allow travel:
String _pathBitmap =
"#";

The 2x2 Jetty Food Market has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
String _pathBitmap =
"__
##";

the 6x5 Jetty Market has the same pathing as the storage barn, allowing travel along front also through the building and out the back doors:
String _pathBitmap =
"______
##__##
##__##
##__##
##__##";

The 4x6 Jetty Food Merchant has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
*the top 2 lines being water tiles where the boat arrives.
String _pathBitmap =
"####
####
____
###_
__#_
____";

The 8x6 General Jetty Merchant has the following pathing, allowing travel over model like this:
*the top 2 lines being water tiles where the boat arrives.
String _pathBitmap =
"########
########
______##
#####_##
#_###_##
________";

Hope this helps with some confusion... or maybe just adds to it ;)