News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What's odd

Started by CookieBarrel, October 06, 2020, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

shhh, next idea would b to grow trees thru the mountains.i do know we can place towers in them. CC has some that would work that way.what other trick can COOKIE find for the modders to play with?

kid1293

Good name for the thread :) :)

kid1293

I think @brads3 hit a winner. I am not sure if it works all the time, but...

When you place it - rotate until you have the hay heap on land. (looks best)
You can not build in deep water. Just the water's edge.

Close To The Edge is a fenceless pasture buildable close to the river or lake.

Thanks, @CookieBarrel for time and space :)

CookieBarrel

@KID   Nice touch on the toolbar Icon. ;D
Could I take a look at the beach test. I'll understand if you don't want to.

By the way there's a comfortable cottage over looking a pond for your relaxation pleasure.

kid1293

My! That garden is really magical. :) Yes, I would like to be there :)

--- no Beach file. Look further down

brads3

that pic is amazing. you are the best terraformer on WOB.

galensgranny

CookieBarrel, that scene is amazing!

CookieBarrel

Washed up on a beach bar
Thanks @kid1293  you introduced another danger to bannies.
You're right this isn't going to work. I need river & lake sand. ;)

@brads3  & @galensgranny  Oh stop you making me blush! :-[
By the way this is the game I found the crop anomaly.

Edit
Sorry no pic my connection is weak again. The beach mod works and looks good!
Cookie approved.:)

kid1293

I had a problem with the sand on the beach. It was always going in only one direction.
Here is a better texture file. And yes, with some planning, it can be used.

RedKetchup

Hey.

i just want to say i made a lot of experiments with things like pastures and crops on shores of river/lakes and mountain slops.

it tends to be very buggy. the thing i ve notice is when the upper left corner of the footprint act often as the "entrance" or the "first tile" of the footprint end up in the water or too high in the mountain it will bug. i know we can think we place that upper left corner on good ground but it is not always the case cause all along the game we always rotate with "R" and "T" and that upper left corner has been rorated all around. and it tends to bugs if happends it landed in the water. We not always know where that upper left corner has landed specially with crops.

and when it bugs, the place is not working properly anymore and the crop wont be planted and/or work anymore immediately or few years later.

this is why i decided to abandon that. And you know very well how fans react when something is bugging.

just saying the conclusion of my experimentations.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

btw, if you use RKEC 1.3.1, the fenceless pasture allow you to put on a slop of a mountain already.

the code is :

PathBits _placeBits = Normal | Obstacle | Occasional | Unusable | Walkable;

normally, like the RKEC normal pasture is only Normal | Obstacle. but the fenceless can cover the mountain.

EDIT: and if you add " | Water " if can be placed over a creek.

CookieBarrel

@RedKetchup   What? rotate crops!!! Never have I done this on purpose or by accident. This answers my problem with Dotyvill with its terraces. I say atleast for me this is the "Tip of the Decade". ;)

I find buildings footprints can change the landscape For example placing the beach then RK Sand Pit beside it
then deleting the beach to adjust you'l most likely find red squares were none was present previously. This is very true for deliberately raised land.

Was the Skull one of those experiments? I hadn't realize until recently, that the ground is raised and formed around the building structure. Very cool and clever.

A question, do you remember the code for NMTCrops? if you draw the crop across a building you'll get some green squares. Restriction allowances?.

@kid1293 That new texture is sweet. I was just joking about the Beach1 texture it has a nice tropical feel to it. Thanks for the goods. :)

RedKetchup

rotation is permanent, if you rotate for a building, every thing after will be rotated till you rotate again and again. all along the game it always rotated over and over.

CookieBarrel

The Casper Effect
Warning: the following process is not recommended. Research only!

Quoting from Me reply #12
QuoteIn the picture below, lay down a field such as "Mountainfield" or "NMTCrops", Then cover the field over with "NMTCrops" leaving
a row uncovered (careful not to over shoot foot print or the game will crash).
I've been testing more and wanted to recreate my crash to insure the above statement was acurate. Nope, the game seems to be more forgiving about breaking Game objects.
However, keep in mind this is breaking a Game object, unexpected things may occur.

NMTCrop taking a dip.
The 1st picture: While using DS Stone Bridge Extension, place bridge pieces in the desired dimensions then drop NMTCrop feild below the structure.
If you leave Enable Zero Build Cost in the off state, The builders will need to demolish the structure.

Enable Zero Build Cost in the "on" state: NMTCrop (using either process) will instantly build without objects needing to be removed.

The 2nd picture shows green under two sample buildings the others showed solid red.
The 3rd picture DS Stonebridge showing green vs red areas.

Gatherer

Debug mode is ironically bugged.
Can we do that without it???
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.