News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tree House V3

Started by kid1293, January 12, 2017, 10:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Abandoned

A second tree house, how nice.  I like that white railing on the porch.

Discrepancy

all these trees!

:)
;D

I need to be playing banished to enjoy this, not modding banished  ;)

Abandoned

You know what they say, all work and no play makes happy mod users!   ;D

kid1293

:) ...and happy modders.

I don't have it in me to make a third tree house. Not now.
They are very time-consuming.
I'll play a bit to get some distance to the elves and the dwarves. :)

Abandoned

kid1293

Not alien. I've spent a whole day on Civ4 and feel numb (almost braindead)
How can such a popular game be so boring? Yes, there is a one-more-round feeling to it but...

Things never change. I have tried many games and nothing compares to the games I played
many years ago. But, when I try to play them now, they are as boring as Civ4.

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on January 21, 2017, 10:24:27 AMThings never change.

I get that feeling again and again, too... I tried so many games - in the end there is only a handful that truely capture(d) me.

With some titles it's like a fever coming on strong - and burning out as fast... with a bit of luck there is some replay value, but mostly there isn't... <shrug>
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

TheOtherMicheal

@kid1293 I think this is a serious problem with many games now. Over the last two decades the way some big game companies made games has changed, they don't design games to be fun, they design them to make money. There is a way to do both but it means making the game interesting to a smaller audience and making less money instead of making it to get really big sales on the first week of release. A lot of people buy those big name games and play them for a few weeks and then forget about them to play the next big name game and that's easy to do for these people because the game is not appealing enough to make you want to go back and play it.

I found this was the problem with Fallout 4. I like the earlier Fallout games (1, 2, Fallout Tactics and 3) and still play Fallout 3. But Fallout 4 is boring. The story is not interesting and they tried to make the game so it was like every other first person shooter game. I even modded the game but it is still too damned dull to make me want to play it. I bought Fallout 4 when it was at a discount price and I still wish I had spent the money on alcohol instead, I would have had the alcohol for a day or two before it was all gone but I would have enjoyed it - Fallout 4 is not enjoyable.

kid1293

Version 3 - Added another house and adjusted heights a little bit.

Abandoned

Another tree house  :), nice design, round, what a nice addition to the set.  Thank you

kid1293

I agree that it was maybe not needed but a nice addition.

Now I think I have made as many trees as I can, except making
falling trees. Then we could change the whole map.
But Banished seems to need something special with animations.
I haven't figured it out.

I hope all is well and no problem with the mods.

edit - took a screenshot. Maybe it's only possible to change the
existing trees.

elemental

Quote from: kid1293 on January 27, 2017, 09:57:57 AM

edit - took a screenshot. Maybe it's only possible to change the existing trees.

It's certainly possible to add new trees that grow in the forest. CC has added a few of their own. Have you seen this?

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/topic/921-adding-new-trees/

kid1293

Thanks!

I'm sitting with Blender and I can't figure out the steps needed to make this work.
Until then I'm stuck with replacing textures on vanilla trees.

(but i am also stubborn and will probably try again) :)

Here a set with my textures.

elemental

I like your new pine trees.

I suggest that you ask Shockpuppet about tree animations. He might know what to do, but if he doesn't know how to do it in blender he me might even be able to do it for you.