Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4: Foxfield

Started by brads3, October 25, 2020, 05:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

brads3

thank you ,KIDD.
BANISHEDANNI, the garden produces flax. this flax works with KID tailors to make linen clothing. with different mods this is the 1 way to have the right flax for those tailors. i have 2 sets of  the western houses that go with the ghost town mod. KID was kind enough to make a rustic looking version.

most of the houses on this map are KID houses from various mods. the plymouths for the forest workers are from RED,and there are a couple  EB farmhouses too. the 3rd forest has CC log cabins.

banishedsanni

I see :)

I really thought u said it for roleplaying since I myself sometimes claim buildings to be something they arent to make em fit into my village blogs. For example the bed and breakfast boarding house I claimed to be a kindergarden in poppyglade (since there is no such thing in the game).

But u told nothing but the pure and innocent truth! ;)

brads3

when i get all the farmyards built,i do plan to showcase them better and show some output #'s. still have a ways to go yet.

brads3

YEAR 33 and 34

the Indians continued expanding onto the island. they added a mini workshop to make tools. they bundle reeds from the lake to heat their tipis. a nearby apple tree provides fruit and honey. they extended the dock along the lake and planted rice. they hunt ducks,fish, and gather berries and herbs on the island.

pic 1:mini tool shed
pic 2: start of the dock Indians,i do wish i had the upgraded CC huts for this area
pic 3:rice and reeds
pic 4:  a small market to eep them supplied

brads3

YEAR 35

the bannies planted the rest of the farmyards. there are more of the animals sheds to build yet. more houses and storage has been constructed. they added a flower garden to the village parks.

the colonial city built 2 more SLINK markets to move more product out from our barns. the marble fills the barns since it is still under an older limit flag, as textiles.

pic 1:farmyards completed
pic 2:flower garden
pic 3: housing
pic 4: Slink markets to move goods and open space in barns

jerica

Beautiful.  :) I do wish that RK's fodder groundcover was available as deco.

brads3

i more wish it would respawn on its own and have less flowers. the fodder you see around the villages is flowers only. fodder dies off after a few years.

there is a fodder addon mod,if you don't use the RKEC. there is also the Nat Div mod which gives a different looking grass. it won't work with the RKEC without giving up the wild animals.

brads3

YEAR 36

now that we have paint,the bannies start on the colorful painted houses.these houses from KID's Ghost town set do require paint. a gem cutter and a smaleter are built for the gold ore and precious gems.

the bannies worked on the colonial city center. planting a flower garden and set tables and benches for town picnics. the school added a playground. a jam shop and a furniture joiner were completed as well.

a merchant finally brought milk cows,and the farm trade post is now shut down.

pic 1:dairy herd
pic 2:painted houses.yes these do require paint
pic 3:gold ore smelter
pc 4: furniture joiner and gem cutter
pic 5: jam shop

brads3

YEAR 37

the bannies never stop working. they zoned a production village just west of the colonial city. an industrial market plaza was set up. they built a school and church, then dug a KID RK iron ore mine and a CC tin mine.an RK foundry smelts the iron and a metalsmith will process tin.

pic 1:industry plaza
pic 2:church and school
pic 3:tine mine
pic 4: RK foundry and CC metal smith

brads3

YEAR 38

to fuel the metalsmith,we dug a CC coal mine and built a fuel refinery.the market plaza has an RK ale tent and a KID's puzzle food stand.there is a house of cures in case anyone gets injured or burned.a DS supervisor tent and a RK blacksmith were finished. plenty of storage and more houses have also been built.

pic 1:furnace fuel
pic 2:beer tent
pic 3: blacksmith

Kristahfer

Really like your art, I enjoy being able to watch the way you work at laying things out.

Thank You

brads3

brads3

YEAR 39

tobacco fields were planted between the city and production village.since we don't have ropes for the CC cure barn, a fire tent works nearby to dry the tobacco leaf.

the Indians continue to grow on the island. they built more grass huts,no these don't require thatch. the dock extended and they sent more bannies to fish and collect reeds.

the farmyard settlers finished the animal pens from KID's mod.they built several of the houses. there are some workshops with the mod yet to be built. we do need to clean the area up. the bannies have started to clear the trees.there are a lot of wildflowers that hide the gardens.

pic 1:tobacco plantation fields
pic 2:dock indians
pic 3:animal pens and houses