News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Early Winter 52 - pop 2505. Halfway there!

Nomads bring dysentery, mumps, scarlet fever, flu. That was an interesting autumn. Also something went wrong with the growing season, not sure what. I did notice that crops do not grow continuously throughout the summer. I didn't study it closely or in depth, but I did notice that rainfall and sun both seem to speed growth, and periods of cloudiness slow or stop it. It may have just been coincidence.

Edit: and dysentery again!!  >:(

Bought squash seeds, going to try a few fields next year.

Screen 1 - Newport Farm annex, phase II

solarscreen

Uugh! Dysentery just doesn't seem to go away!

@irrelevant keep going!  Enjoying your trek to 5,000.

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

@solarscreen  that's nice, thanks! Glad you are watching.

The stupid job assignment issue is starting in. Got farmers living half a map away from their fields.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup It's really a perverse thing. I saw it happening in early spring, so I bailed out and reloaded a very recent save. Late winter. I fired all my farmers, and then re-hired them. I checked 20-30 fields with the pathing tool and it all looked good. The when it turned early spring I checked the same fields again, and they had been re-assigned; all over the map. Why!?

RedKetchup

i dunno :( thats sad. so it stats to happend around 2500 pop ?

irrelevant

irrelevant

Summer 53 - pop 2575

Screen 1 - this is always interesting, expanding farms around a hill, into a valley, with a forest node in the way. No more rows of houses-n-barns.

Screen 2 - the problem with squash, it grows so. slow. Look, the beanfield there is halfway harvested.

@RedKetchup you know, instead of making all crops the same, maybe the existing ones could just be tweaked a bit instead. Squash would be great if it just grew a little faster, maybe 75 days instead of 90. ;)

Screen 3 - here's a couple more, with another bean field.

RedKetchup

1045 families for 704 homes.... doesnt worrying you for the future ?

irrelevant

Not really, I'm always building houses. This happens to me every game. It slows me down a bit, and then there's another batch of nomads.

irrelevant

Screen 1 - Newport is 95% complete

@RedKetchup did you read the stuff I wrote just above about squash? I added it in an edit.

Screen 2 - still haven't quite decided what I'm going to do here with these forest tatas nodes. Industrial markets I guess, with houses. Not much space there for farms.

RedKetchup

yeah i saw /wink

i saw you are starting to appreciate my idea to put all crop a bit closer, at least fix some ^^

irrelevant

Yes! Not all alike, the differences are good, they just all need to work, is all.

RedKetchup

it s about same also i tried to do with milk and cows. only , and only use mutton/sheep is sad. i hope to make cow more valuable again ^^

irrelevant

yes, I think the milk mod is good, otherwise there's hardly any reason to raise cattle. this gives them a dimension that sheep, valuable as they are, do not have

chickens could be tweaked too, to bump the eggs up some. then they'd be worthwhile too