News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wish List

Started by Abandoned, July 28, 2021, 07:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Just a note, this is the category to post ideas, suggestions, and wish lists.  :)

Edited just to clarify why I made this comment besides not wanting to be called a bully.  Suggestions are being posted all over the forum and are then lost, in mod threads and stories instead of here in Suggestion Thread.  Recently someone requested a flax patch, neither Kid or I could remember where or who.  I spent time searching but couldn't find.  I will not be doing that anymore.

In future please post Suggestions and Mod Ideas in the Conversations/Suggestions and Mod Ideas category.  Thank you

jerica

Oooo, I'll go! Tea/coffee houses that provide the same happiness as taverns!

banishedsanni

A coffee house exists in CC :)

I would love to see more ground covers, that r not .. quadrate? ... like the one from CC mod which is absolutley great for blending things. Its the only kind of ground cover (I know) which is not quadrate.

And I would love to see climbing plants. I often use ghosted trees to create the illusion of houses being overgrown by climbing plants (example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KezZc-gUVH_XDASU3ZJMTJo8cXD9jdzD/view?usp=sharing ). But this is very limited because i need to hide the tree's trunks. I really wish there were some plants just for this.

Abandoned

This is not a wish list - This is a reminder of the category on the forum where SUGGESTIONS are to be posted.

kid1293

Ah, let the ideas flow. I wish I could make something like climbing plants, but there are just too many different houses.

Kristahfer

You have put together a really nice Native Village, and Forrest Traders. They just sort of work together.
But if I may, a decoration for canoes and boats both pulled ashore and on racks upside down would make an interesting decoration to add to the areas. Storage, repair, drydock just imagine the possibilities.

kid1293

I got a message from @River asking about an old mod Quieter Livestock (or something)
I made my own file long ago, but I couldn't find it. Here is a new one. Small and optimized.
It makes vanilla pasture animals quiet.  I had to choose between totally quiet or finding a lot of files.
I took the lazy way out. :)

Enjoy.

River

Ah, Kid, you are a genius, really!! I will try this out asap!!
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

Bluebird88

@Abandoned, just to clarify, it sounds like you would prefer that people start a new thread in this category rather than adding ideas to this thread. Should I go ahead and start a new thread for people to add their ideas?

kid1293

You can post here. This thread clearly states Wish List. Let's keep it simple.
Who knows - one day it will get pinned to the top and we're all famous ;)

Abandoned

:) yes, here is fine. 

Bluebird88

Okay great, thank you both!

Pease note that this is just a list of ideas. I definitely don't expect you to actually make all  - or any! - of these :) I just have no idea what is more/less work for a modder or what you enjoy making, so I figured I'd just go ahead and brainstorm - I hope that's okay!

A peanut crop (maybe even a sandwich shop with a PB&J option?  :)

A pub/restaurant or market stand that offers Thanksgiving dinner? (Turkey, cranberry, pumpkin pie, maybe cornbread, green beans/brussel sprouts?)

A clam chowder shack for New England towns (even better if it comes in a bread bowl! :) )

A preservist who dries fruits/vegetables (I'd particularly like to see dried apples & pumpkin, peas/corn/beans would also be great, & maybe chilis for the Mexican villages)

Some autumn/harvest-themed deco ideas:
      - A corn maze
      - An apple-bobbing tub (I love the washing mod - would it be possible to add some floating apples for a harvest festival deco item?)

Some Christmas ideas:
      - A Christmas sweater/jumper knitter
      - A candy cane shop (with a mint crop or greenhouse)
      - An ice skate maker
      - A poinsettia farm
      - A silversmith that makes sleigh bells

A coffee shop that sells "fancy" coffee drinks  - mochas, lattes, or (my personal favorite) chai lattes (tea+spices+milk)

A restaurant that serves afternoon tea - could have tea (milk or lemon and sugar), scones (with jam and cream), tea sandwiches (maybe cucumber, egg &watercress, or cream cheese & walnut?)

A ginger ale maker (to go with the root beer at the Pilgrim's Rest :) )

Some summer food/drinks for festival or beach towns
      - A lemonade stand
      - Orange juice (would also go nicely with the B&B breakfast nook!)
      - A smoothie bar
      - Cocktails?  ;D
      - Maybe popcorn or cotton candy?
      - Strawberry shortcake?

A hamburger/cheeseburger stand to go with the pizza hat? (and so the bannies have something delicious to go with the ketchup from Redketchup's factory  :) )

Some New Orleans food options inspired by the swamp mods
      - gumbo
      - jambalaya
      - beignets
      - Pralines 
      - Mint juleps?

Coconut syrup (a bit random, I know, but I associate it strongly with Hawaii and it would be a fun trade good for a tropical town (maybe Ports and Pirates!) and a delicious addition to the B&B breakfast options - maybe even banana pancakes as well for a full tropical twist on breakfast :) )

Mexican Fantasy or Mission-themed:
      -Wool blankets
      -Horchata (rice+spices+sugar)

Some production buildings for fashionable bannies
      A hat maker (could have felt hats from wool and/or straw hats)
      A lace maker
      An embroiderer

A stationer (maybe paper from linen & ink from walnuts) and bookbinder (paper+ink+leather)

An artist who creates paintings from natural pigments (would be fun to use this along with the CC statue maker and have an artists' colony)

Would it be possible to have corn husks as a byproduct? (maybe produced at a vegetable cleaning station like in the composters for greenhouses?) They could be used for mats/rugs and corn husk dolls - seems very suited to some of the more rustic mods :-)

Speaking of dolls, a dollmaker would be cool! Could have rag dolls from cloth and fancier dolls from cloth + wax or porcelain

Ships as a trade good? (It could be cool to have a shipbuilding industry for New England/Canadian towns or Ports & Pirates)

I'd love to see some multifamily homes (either one family per floor or maybe a main house with extensions) in a colonial or farmhouse style. (I would like to have larger rural farms with crops and animals, but I'm always stuck with the problem of where all the workers will live)

I don't know if this is possible, but I would LOVE to see something like a wholesale merchant where you could exchange produced goods for coins within a town rather than through a trader

I really can't thank you enough for the hours and hours of fun you've already given us with so many amazing mods!

kid1293

I'm in shock. I just PM'd Abandoned about ideas, but this...  ::) ::) ::)

Thanks a lot. It truly gives a lot of ideas.
There was a lot of food in there. Maybe time to update some mods.

I know, I know, but I have to say it - a hat maker? ???

Bluebird88

I'm sorry, I definitely got carried away dreaming up ideas! I thought about narrowing it down, but I wasn't sure what was most likely to catch your interest (Perhaps not a hat maker!  ;D I just thought the bannies might like a little style in their lives  ;D )

I just recently discovered this forum and your amazing mods, so I've been looking through everything and getting inspired! I LOVE when you include unique products in your themed sets - things like peg legs or elven bows or julmust! It's such a fabulous touch  - it makes it feel so rich and detailed and it's really fun to be able try out new production chains and create an economy that suits the theme/design.

And haha I didn't realize just how many of my ideas are about food! Maybe I should eat breakfast first next time :) (I think I'm a hobbit at heart! I really enjoy cozy farm-based villages and it's fun to have things to make with the raw foods.)

Glenn

Speaking of being a madhatter :D perhaps we could look at extra items of clothing for trade rather than coats, coats and more coats.

We could have.

A millinery supplies hut to make hats from straw, leather, canvas or reeds
A cobbler to make shoes from leather or wood (clogs)
A hobby crafts hut to make belts from leather

You could even have linen or cotton shirts and pants

We could add new buildings or simply update a few existing mod sets like settlers to allow for more variation

There already is an existing cobbler building