News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Editor Choice - LIGHT version 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, June 17, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I have both RK EC light and CC Journey.  When I used to have RK EC version 11, I had lots of wild deer around.  Now, with RK EC light, and using the same map I tend to always use, almost no wild deer.  Any ideas about that?

brads3

do you have the RK above the CC? any terrain mods or other start mods? with the RK,you should have bears.elk,and boars as well as deer. in some cases depending on mod order what happens is the RK aniimals load but are conflicted due to another mod. then you will get less animals overall since you won't have the others.   if you had only deer before you probably had the CC above the RK.

before totally clearing the registry and overhauing the mod order,you should try a different start setting. the other mods are set to work on medium starts.starting as a farmer or other from the RK settings will stop those mods from overriding the RK.

galensgranny

Well, I have a big mix of things.  My load order is:

Multi Start by Tikaszar  (so I can get 45 families to start with,
Medieval Town 2.04
RK EC light (your first version, not the official release version)
CC Journey
Compatibility Mod

I use CC's Mediterranean climate no snow start, with who ever's "Valleys", and of course, Multi-start's "large exodus"

brads3

the old NMT ,you want below the RK. i alomst think that multi start mod is most likely the problem. try a farmer setting and see if you notice fodder, wild animals ,and copper ore.then it is trial and error,turn off 1 start mod and see if it the game will load the animals under a medium start.it is a give and take.the game doesn't let us have everything at once.  i had to disable the nat div mod.

galensgranny

I will try that, Brad, but I had this set up originally so that NMT's pottery would be accepted by one of CC's buildings (house wares, I think) that I need for upgrading some CC houses.  It does not have to be pottery in the housewares building, but then what is the use of Red's NMT corner pottery shop, other than trading. 

I also don't want all that thatch and fodder all over the place.  I really don't understand it all, and it takes a while to clear everything. But, hmm, that was before I started with 45 families. 

But, I did have everything as I wanted, with my same load order, and lots of deer, before I swapped out RK EC 11 for RK EC light. 

I will experiment.  Or just sometimes only use RK EC 11.

brads3

the compatability mod for CC should fix the cross over of the NMT.won't guarantee that though.put the CC and compatability between the RK and NMT. the fodder has 2 uses. 1 to make fertilizer via a stable barn. the fertilizer is then used by the greenhouses.  houses will burn the fodder instead of firewood once it is bundles at the woodcutter. some will burn it as is. they prefer firewood or bundles though.flowers you can trade or make perfume. the NMT has some things not in the RK.  the building requirements have been changed with the RK also.

RedKetchup

RK Ed do nothing with pottery. it doesnt even know it exists. so nmt below rk ed will change nothing for you about pottery.

rk ec 11 doesnt have animals, it is been added to release candidate 1.
if Multi Start by Tikaszar has files about the map generator... it will prevent you to get fodder and get wild animals. only 1 mod decide the map generator.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

banished_master

god amongst men!
great job cant wait to dig in.

Mikatoon

I'm very very sorry if I'm being rude and for necromancing this post, is there a version which has only partial stuff, like that has the different maps + only the replacement of vanilla building? I'm playing along with my little sister and the vanilla functions are already a lot to her, so using bakeries and other stuff  from the mod would be a very hard time for her :(  If you can give me a link or guide me how to unpack the mod and use only what I need I'd be very thankful!

brads3

no there isn't any RK mod that will do as you say. it almost sounds as though you would rather a vanilla game that only changes textures of buildings. KID has done a few but those mods will load new icons to the toolbar not replace the buildings themself. not sure of any mod that will change textures without adding more processors or other changes to the game. new mods will add the community icon and place buildings under there.

the only option that might help is loading an age mod and then adding older 1.006 mods. an age mod would slow the game down, since the bannies will breed and multiply at a slower pace. the 1.06 mods would add buildings to the tool bar under the main icons,so a house will be in with houses,barns with storage ,etc. if you pick and choose mods, you could avoid 1's that add production workplaces.  these can be found under the download section and then click mods. go back a few pages,you will find some original mods.

CC has some help mods that might work to make the game easier. you can check at the blackliquid site for those.