News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

The 08 harvest is complete. Food is not an issue for now.

Bought 50 coal. cause that was what the merchant brought. Immediately switched my one blacksmith to steel tools. He already had iron and wood, and is right by the pile the coal went to.

He produced steel tools at a brisk pace, making 100 of them between early winter 07 and late winter 08. That means nobody took home any coal, which is interesting considering it sat in the market for months. That certainly is not what I expected based on my previous experience. I'll have to think about that.

Edited: I bought 50 coal at a cost of 300, not 300 coal as I had stated last night. That's very different.

Screen 3 - revised markets and docks. Got carried away with the taverns; each market also needs a tailor, a blacksmith, and once I get further out, a chopper.

Screen 4 - farms and pastures leading the way into the countryside.

Need some logs! Merchants!

irrelevant

This is such an interesting town.

irrelevant

I've been having good success using the boarding house to get these surplus young adult women to hook up with much younger student boys. You figure out whom you wish to put together by looking through all the houses. When you have identified a likely couple, you upgrade both their families' houses. When all of the "homeless" icons have disappeared, everyone has settled down in the boarding house. Now recover the two empty houses, and one of them should become occupied by the new couple, displacing one set of their parents who now are living in the BH until they get another house.

Did this 5 times so far, it has worked every time.

RavenSteele

Ooh, nice strategy :)   I'll remember that

irrelevant

Early winter 10, had my first death. Old age! Of the four towns I have made, this is the latest initial death, and the first of old age.

I had the cemetery already built, first time for that as well. 8)

Also in Year 10, made my first 3 batches of plum ale!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Two more young men step up to serve their community.

I need nooooomads! Help!

irrelevant

Got nomads. Spring 14. Once I get serious logs, this will take off. I'm 30% ahead of Rickettsville in pop at this same time, in a smaller space. Feeling optimistic.

irrelevant

A single hunter per cabin works just fine. What a nice resource producer for early trade! Venison, plus leather to make hide coats.

RedKetchup

yup thats what i do all the time :) 1 hunter per cabin, and more cabins. until i m getting a 200-300 unemployed and then i double them.

keep it up bro (i am so far ahead... just hit 3000 before warcraft raid)

irrelevant

Got more nomads. And corn seeds. And lots of apples. And a boatfull of logs. Here we go.

Ah, finally beans and corn.

Late Autumn 17. Not getting much time for this, but having lots of fun. @RedKetchup  sorry I couldn't make it more of a race, your town is amazing.

In the end though, mine will be prettier, and have 26 more people. Until you take 895 nomads  ;D

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Forest management. Clearcuttting just after harvest is complete on a four-year rotation schedule, done by start of late winter, in time for the farmers to get back to their fields. Get 2-300 logs each time.

Screen 1 - summer 19

Screen 2 - summer 20

Does slow the herbalist down some, but herbs aren't a problem right now.

edit: after doing this for 6 years, the herbalist's yield finally fell to 0.

irrelevant

Screen 1 - With 10 TPs and 5 markets, the Oldtown/Crossriver area will be crankin' it out.

Screen 2- The agricultural hinterland makes it possible.

Screen 3 - Farms and pastures will expand in this direction. Plenty of space out here.

Screen 4 - Beyond Crossriver, vast tracts o' land! ;)

RedKetchup

nice, looking good as usual :) so... you just double years (from 10 to 20) in an hour ? you took all the week to make the first 10 ^^ :)