News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Last Name Generator?

Started by child_of_air, September 07, 2018, 02:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

One of the things I really want is my bannies to generate with last names! This would make tracking the family tree so much easier, and would help a lot with ultimate picture of the population. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that they change professions and sometimes houses, so that keeping track of them when there are more than say....100, proves to be difficult.

My question is, has anyone ever thought about creating a mod that generates last names? Or perhaps the code cannot be tampered with? I'd love to see the original bannies of the game to have proper last names, even if it's just "Smith" or something.

Thoughts? Can this be done? I brought this up a few years ago,  but nobody seemed to have any idea how to implement it or anything.

RedKetchup

hello.

it has been asked a good dozen of time. we dont have access to the name list and we dont have access to the part of the code that control names. this would be a work for a programmer, not modder. This is a game mechanic, and modder cannot change game mechanic.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

TheOtherMicheal

To add to what Red has said, there are parts of the game code that are locked. Modders cannot get any access to these locked sections so there are quite a few parts of the game that only the original designer is able to change (and yes, he has been asked by some of the modders here for help but he is under no obligation to let us have access to parts of the game that would change the way he wanted it).
If I remember correctly, some of the things that cannot be accessed/changed include animations for animals, the behaviour of the trader, the happiness/sadness effect (apparently it doesn't actually work properly or at all) and as mentioned here, the name generator.

embx61

Animations of Animals is possible but we don't know how as Luke seem to do it different then other game creators/modelers.
I bought one time an animated animal and it all worked in 3ds Max but after exporting to fbx it never worked.
Troy has made animals which have animations so it is possible.

Many things are indeed hard coded/not made hooks for by Luke.
The AI we cannot access at all as well as many other things.

My hope is that Luke at modding support from the get go in his new game instead of Banished when it was more an after thought.
Luke shall realize that modding is a big part of the success of Banished so hopefully opens his new game up way more for modding.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]