News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Christmas Wishes 2019

Started by kid1293, August 08, 2019, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Yes @MarkAnthony and others, I have news from the north. :)
The rumour that Santa has disappeared is not true! Just a lengthy vacation.

What do we wish for Christmas? We can talk about it and maybe the wishes reach him.
He was very specific about one thing - We have to do the Julmust ourselves.
He will provide the secret recipe. :)

So.
Please! No factories or other large scale production and no residential buildings.
Just nice and Christmas-y things.

To start off the thread. What use are toys? Eye-candy and trade... what more?
Do we have a toymaking modder? You're welcome.

:)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: kid1293 on August 08, 2019, 01:11:42 PMSo. Please! No factories or other large scale production and no residential buildings. Just nice and Christmas-y things.

To start off the thread. What use are toys? Eye-candy and trade... what more?
Do we have a toymaking modder? You're welcome.

No large scale production - that would exclude specialty stores like pastry shoppes, chocolatiers, & toy stores?

No residential buildings - so that would exclude homes with Christmas seasonal lights hanging from the roofs & porches?

So more of a decorations mod mostly right? How about wrapped presents in singles or multiples that can be left around town alongside homes and buildings, red bags of toys/packages, giant stuffed animals, various sizes and types of Christmas trees such as the Spruce, Douglas Fir, Nobles and so on, even the Charlie Brown Christmas tree? Larger-sized rocking horses done in the manor of playground equipment? Toy wagons or sleds? Large decorative toy soldiers, ice-skating ponds somehow? Seasonal clothes for the Banies like knit caps, scarves and gloves/mittens? Wasn't there a mod that did various clothing styles? Seasonal plants like Poinsettias and Holly? Decorated tables with different foods, plants, candles, tablecloths? Outdoor fireplaces/firepits for Banies to idle at or even gain a Happiness rating? You can roast marshmallows too!

So the ice-skating pond I was thinking it would be a ground cover (road) that looked like frozen water with banks of snow on the outer edges with a few benches on the sides? Your snow banks could be made in variable sizes and put on the sides of stuff as ghosted maybe (if that's easier)?

I don't know Kid, I'm just spit-balling here. When I originally thought of you doing another Christmas mod I was thinking pastry shops and chocolatiers with various recipes, somewhere to make fruit cakes and similar, turkey and ham dinners, stuffing etc... a variety of dishes from around the world (the more well-known types). I was thinking homes with wreaths and lights on them, homes with frosted windows, paned glass  and piles of presents in various states of display.

/shrug

I'm not sure what you're up for doing or what kinds of things will hold you back in terms of coding any of this. So I'm just throwing ideas out there hoping to see what sticks!

Looking at your other Christmas mods, I don't know of any mod that has/produces sugar to go with that mod? Can you recommend one?

EDIT: I'm just guessing here but wouldn't it even be easier to do the ice-skating pond as a building? Not a skating rink, but as a structure to be built about the size of the vanilla quarry and without the straight edges when completed? It doesn't even have to do anything - you just build it for looks.  /shrug  Although I guess all buildings have to have an employee so maybe he/she hands out ice-skates! ;) This could also be an idle spot/Happiness maker if you wanted it to be.

Oh and toys as eye-candy (yes!) and trading (yes!) -- Lol why not?! Are you up for it? You did say no large scale production don't forget, and I'm thinking Santa-Banie is pretty large-scale! :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Another deco table idea is a "present-wrapping" station.  So a large table or a couple butted together that has a few rolls of colored wrapping paper, a couple of bows and a box or two in an opened-state that's being prepared to get wrapped. All of this is messy looking or strewn-about.

MarkAnthony

I don't know why we don't have kittens and puppies running around town other than you modders can't do the animations. I get that and it's a shame truly.  :(

But can we at least have wrapped boxes with a bow on top and it's ajar/partially opened with a puppy face sticking out of it? Or decorated baskets with a kitten in it?

Can we huh? Can we?!

Can I have a puppy for Christmas?!?!  ::) :P

moonbelf

@MarkAnthony Wow you just want EVERYTHING don't you?  8) 8)

I really like the idea of an ice skating pond! Built as a building. RKEC has a fishing pond that would fit the ticket because it's not square. So something like that.

Christmas trees as deco trees.

A Santa or Kris Kringle. Or or or .... a Santa's Workshop with elves!

Still thinking and will add more later if I can come up with some more reasonable ideas :)

kid1293

QuoteNo large scale production - that would exclude specialty stores like pastry shoppes, chocolatiers, & toy stores?

Those are no very large scale... That is exactly what it is about.
The main problem will be the trader spammed with new (useless) products.
Well, it is Christmas only once a year :)

Ice pond shouldn't be too hard, an irregular area with snow piled up at the sides.
A little imagination and some happiness and people will gather on the ice.

@MarkAnthony - A good way to start would be to make the Sugar first.
It will be needed in many recipes and it is base for much candy.
Abandoned was thinking of using the More Snow mod to have snow all year.
I don't know. Beets or canes? Honey? It can all be made in greenhouses but
a beet field under a roof?  ::) It may look out of place.

...to be continued :)

kid1293

Back again.

I did some re-texturing of the old Christmas mod. I needed to make things a better match.
It was a collection of small mods and things all over the place. It is better now.

I made a Sugar House (picture) complete with sugar canes and a boiler inside.
Just build it and it produces sugar.

I also have a Cocoa House (second picture) with Cacao plants inside. Seeds are heated
and Cocoa is the result.

A little bit on the long road to Christmas.

Next thing will be something with Chocolate or Hot Chocolate to drink.

moonbelf

Sweet! Literally lol. Those look wonderful Thank you for your efforts :)

grammycat

I second that!  They do indeed look great-I love the way your textures work so well with the game ones.

brewer

Delicious chocolate! Greetings kid1293, I'm excited because bannies can drink chocolate, and the possibilities are many, ice cream, liquor, cookies ... ufff, I admire and enjoy their work, tequila mod, mission, food market are very great , and many others... that everything goes very well.
P.S. Vanilla plant for vanilla extract? An idea for a new crop? maybe it already exists and I don't even know  ;)
much food... and more buildings!

kid1293

Hi @brewer
I think vanilla extract goes as a spice. It is easier to have just one resource or the trader
will be flooded with new things. And ice cream in the winter... ::) I am not so sure :)

brewer

The vanilla plant is an orchid, the pistil is what really gives that incredible flavor; I think I understand what you say, having a single resource is more manageable, as for ice cream I think that my emotion surpassed me, I made a connection with the ice cream cart of embx61, maybe later something can be done about it, but for winter even I can say that I prefer a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, thanks  :)
much food... and more buildings!

kid1293

Now you got me :)
Marshmallows are good.

taniu

@kid1293 :D :D :D The new idea is great, the houses with the greenhouse are great and that you made a wood texture, I'm a gourmand I like chocolate. I have a question, can you accelerate this project and release this mod sooner and not just for the Christmas Wishes 2019? :-\ :P Very nice please. Regards

kid1293

@taniu - I will see if I release earlier. I don't know right now.

At least I have made a Hot Chocolate stand to match the market.
It is working just fine and will give warmth in winter.

It is only August. I am taking a break :)