News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

@Tom Sawyer, 2 small bugs:

- the Workplace extensions of the Log Cabin are unable to store Protein so will not accept the Tallow to process into Lamp Oil.

- the mouse-hover-over toolTip for Glass has a small spelling mistake of 'class' instead of 'glass'.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you! I was sure to have made it from tallow in any test. Seems not so and has to work in our beta. It is fixed now together with a less transparent detraction radius and removed icon in Ale House UI. It is save compatible and only needs to rebuild the log cabin extensions. Please reload NorthBeta.zip

calli74

I'm loving the new North, but I have a problem using the beta from this thread. I got a glassworks built but the bannies are just taking sand in and out so I'm guessing a wrong storage flag or something. I'm also having the tallow problem noted above.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for this find @calli74! It is fixed in current download and needs rebuilding the glassworks.

Nilla

Just noticed one small bug; the inn seems to follow the wood limit.

Tom Sawyer

I see. Actually this getting alcohol from outside is set to not follow any limit but the game seems to use the first one in this case (wood). I have to use another limit there which will not be hit in any case. The other options are working correctly. Brewing ale follows alcohol and roasting meat follows food.

calli74

Glass works is now working well but I have a small request if possible. The hunter cabin and hunt action only have 4 sections for yearly production so if the hunters gather poultry and deer, you can't see how much venison is produced. I would like to see the hunter production list made bigger so this is available to see.

I must say that I am amazed at what is possible with modding to this game, The North now feels more like a a game expansion than just a mod as it completely changes game play and aesthetics. Really appreciating the work that has gone into this.

Tom Sawyer

Thank you Calli! Actually hunters have 3 rows. If you have 2 then there must be another mod above, overwriting this part of the UI. But anyway, it's a good note since they need 4 now with tallow dropped by deer. Will be added with next update. I also think about adding storage to the hunting cabin, at least for textile. With protein I'm a bit afraid of a cabin full of fish and stuff. What do you think?

Today I got an advertising on youtube from Ikea saying "Mit Dekoration ist geiler!" Understand it or not.. I had to make this little wall to make also deco fans more happy, not only bannies.  ;D

calli74

The word geiler in dutch means hornier, not sure if that the right meaning is here, but the fences look great.

I actually have 3 rows in the hunter tab, not 2, and that was with nothing else installed other than the North. I've just begun a new game with DS industry installed too. So exciting what everyone is making. It was a little while since I played and I've finally upgraded my graphics card from the old AMD to a shiny new Nvidia so looking forward to seeing how all the canal mods and water mods look when I get them installed and set up.

As for the question about the storage for protein, I think it's worth trying as the fish isn't so overpowering in The North as I'm used to. With CC mod I usually end up having to store a lot of fish in my tradeposts and use it to buy other food with the same food value because otherwise you do end up with the "barns full of fish" scenario.

Nilla

The wall looks great; like in Scotland (also a part of the North, I suppose) :)

I'm not so sure about storing proteins in the hunter's lodge. Normally it's located a bit remote, and we would think too far away from any fisher to make it interesting to use to store fish. But I know my Bannis. They love to carry around stuff. (The more evil smelling the better (?)  :-\, remember my struggle with fertilizer) I'm quite sure, that there will be some unuseful carrying of fish and fishproducts, just to fill that storage spot with as many products as possible. But sure, if you want to, give it a try. It's always good to test. If it doesn't work well, it can always be changed back.

Tom Sawyer

I have added storage to the hunting cabin for testing and geile stone walls for decoration. If you like, in beta download as usual.

calli74

So far it's going great with the storage, no fish in my hunter cabins.

One more comment, it would be nice if there was a sort of village arrival thing that you can use as a temp town hall register until you can finally build the proper one. I know I could download the tiny mods, but I don't want to yet as  having those would make it tempting to use all the easy options from the beginning. I find it difficult to keep track of population and stocks at the beginning of the game without the town hall tabs but I like the difficulty of having to wait on the other things.

Tom Sawyer

I agree that there is a need of an early game town hall object. My original idea was to have it as something to achieve when developing a town to get more control and statistics. And to have a reason and the goal to build a village hall. On the other hand it's part of the fun to keep track of population and so on right from the beginning. For the Viking update I have a ting hall on my list from wood only or an even more simple meeting place. Question is what could it be for now. Maybe one of the cabins as house of the village mayor or something like that? Or how would things be organized in a medieval Nordic village?

Turis

I would go for a longhouse.

River

For an early game Town Hall, make it small and only need wood. Make it upgradable to bigger needing other materials. Early game, especiallyin The North, it's rather hard to build things needing other materials than wood. Takes time to gather and make, and most starting settlements are small.

And make it no nomads, or at least the option.
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!