News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: polsom town #4

Started by brads3, June 15, 2017, 11:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

sadly,you are correct NILLA. i knew it was falling off but it nose dived.part of it is the map. i wanted to get to a spot that is open and flat but it is across the lake. there are mountains on both sides,that made it too far.if i had a large group of nomads when i did have the food up it would have played better.
food is always a problem with production towns.it takes so many workers and logs.
   i know i felt off the last couple weeks too. that didn't help.maybe it is the weather.just don't seem to have energy or ambition at all.
   i did notice some storage issues. the thatch,lumber,refined fuel. NECORA's pine barn works and EB has a market.CC has a set of cellars. beyond that you need building supplies to make barns.most of the general barns don't seem to hold the new tag items.slinks markets are great for some items like stone and logs but we need a new set with these tags.glad EB made the market set. it does help.wish we had a large general market that would move all items. something like the industrial square but in 2 pieces like DS had his.1 piece for materials and firewood,etc and 1 piece for food clothing textiles.would give us a center to work from.i could have tried the CC rural market. there is some more to be tested.
    thatch storage slowed down some land clearing for crop fields.if you get nomads mid to late spring that can cost you.you lose the crop for the year.need use more storage piles and KID's covers.even after i used EB's market to pull thatch the fuel filled the pile right back up.your NORDIC wharehouse didn't help.
    the last couple maps i have noticed the vendors aren't moving supplies fast enough to supply logs for the bs and woodchopper.i think they are trying to balance the items instead of bringing the 1's needed.just seems the production of tools and firewood isn't as smooth as before.always seems to be more of a struggle.

maybe by the weekdend ,i will take time and download some more mods.need to update NECORA'S mods and check some others.i do want to come back and finish this series. need to redo the product town.a colonial food processing center and a capital city.

brads3

POLSOM REVIEW

mod ajustments: attempts to increase some productions.KID's mods below CC,EB herbalist to top of its group,NECORA's storage mods below all group mods.these lead to mod icon issues.

map goal or fort request: build a mining and production town to supply houshold and industrial goods.

it starts with 14 bannies on a medium mountain map.they settle near a lake tucked up against mountains for protection.they do have a concern of producing enough food in the rough terrain.they quickly set up a fence and lookout towers to defend against bears and wolves.they also build several markets to move and store the production goods.there is an overabundance of bear meat but a lack of fruit for thier diet.

by year 10 a trading post and the industrial plaza is finished.vendors are already busy hauling materials.mines are dug soon after.by yr 25,a clay pit,stane quarry,and the hardwood forest are added.we are producing pottery,lumber and refineg fuel from the coal.to help with our lack of fruit,a fodder meadow is cleared and stables built.

in yr 5,2 indians join and work a forest to supply logs and gather berries.in year 16,6 nomads arrive. they work on clay,pottery,and cutting logs into lumber.bout year 22,4 more indians arrive to start a hardwood forest.7 more indians follow in year 27. they become our fodder workers.4 sets for 19 total.

due to the lack of fruit and no merchants bringing fruit seed,this town had food issues.issues with storage and moving items had also slowed progress.pear seeds finally came toward the end.looking back i think it was abandoned mainly due to ongoing storage issues and the slowness of it.though it did have some production started,for 30 years it should have done more.any flat land nearby was used for forests to supply logs and fruit.a large flat spot for farming was way across the lake.

end year 30. population 83,education 43%, food a low 2790,25 of which was fruit.a food importer instead of the general trader at the start would have helped.

storage issues: without EB's markets this map had issues trying to store thatch,the thatch was thick enough to fill the start pile and slow expansion and construction progress.there is problems with lumber as well.CC cellars are about the only low-grade storage option. KID's coverings are handy for piles to help keep it dry.moving of items is slower.the vendors are busy moving more flags so needed items like logs and firewood are moved slower.