Main Menu

Abandoned - Haunted Hollow - Story 19

Started by Abandoned, October 16, 2017, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

That last picture says it all!
Excellent timing!

Abandoned

Thank you, it looks pretty grim doesn't it?  I don't think I want it any darker.  :)

Abandoned

Chapter 15

There in the dark, we doubted the wisdom of our decision to do this.  We peered out the window often.  Dark clouds covered the moon. We could see nothing.  Then suddenly it became quiet.  The wind and rain and the thunder and lightening stopped.  The sounds of howling hellhounds and flapping wings stopped.  The mournful crying and the galloping hoofs stopped.  It was deadly quiet.  We held our breaths.  And then the room which had been lit only by flashes of lightning began to brighten.  We cautiously peered out the window to see the dark clouds parting to reveal a nearly full moon.  It seemed unnaturally bright to us.  Movement down below caught our eye and again we caught our breaths.

There below, in front of the cathedral, stood the dark knight and his angel.  They stood staring at each other as if frozen in time and then suddenly she was in his arms where she longed to be for so long.  He was holding his lost love who he had been searching so hard to find.  And then before our eyes, they disappeared.  The cathedral door open by some unseen hand and then closed again.  The unnatural light dimmed to normal moonlight and all was quiet.  Kentony hugged me to him and we waited but we heard and saw nothing more.  We imagined our ghostly couple in the cathedral pledging their love to each other for all eternity.  We settled down beneath our blankets to wait for dawn.

We slept till morning undisturbed by any unnatural sounds.  The coffee left in the jug was cold but we drank it anyways.  Peering out the window all seemed normal except for the 13th scarecrow we saw standing by the cemetery's side entrance.  We could see townspeople who were up and about.  But the sight that greeted us when we left The Core was really amazing.  Before us stood a huge 3-headed black dragon and a beautiful white Pegasus.  They were motionless as if turned to stone.  Were these the flapping wings we heard before the midnight hour?  Had the forces of good and evil joined together to help reunite the ghostly couple?  Was Haunted Hollow no longer haunted?

kid1293

Thumbs up!

...and thanks for using so many of my buildings!

:)

Abandoned

my pleasure, buildings provided good inspiration for the story.  :)

brads3

Abandoned

Hi @brads3  :) there actually is a little more to this story, and the next one is already in preplanning stage.

Abandoned

Chapter 16

The remainder of that fall and into winter, all remained quiet.  There were no frightening sounds to disturb our long winter's nights sleep.  The days seemed brighter somehow and not just because of the newly fallen flakes of snow.  Folks were less afraid now too, the Midnight Heart tavern stayed open an hour or two after dark, our evenings were not so long now.

In spring we were amazed to find that life had returned to the petrified dead trees, they had new growth, and bright green leaves began to open.  Colorful flowers sprang up and started to bloom in the graveyards and castle courtyard.  Life had returned to our town and it was much less grim and all remained quiet. Would it remain so once All Hallows Eve rolled around again? 

We did not have long to wait to find out.  The summer went by quickly as it so often does and before we knew it, autumn was upon us once more.  As we did last year, Kentony and I made our way to The Core before nightfall on All Hallows Eve.  We camped out with our coffee and cookies and waited.  But there was nothing to wait for, all remained quiet.  I dozed off in Kentony's arms and woke to find he had saved some coffee for me.  It was a beautiful late fall day, no scarecrow was found, and Haunted Hollow was haunted no more.

Yes, weary traveler all was well.  Our restless spirits had been laid to rest, and Haunted Hollow was no longer haunted and had done well despite it all.  After 14 years we had a population of 129, 77 adults, 17, students, 35 young children, and 13 scarecrows, our education rate was 42%.  All our citizens were 100% healthy and happy.

But wait, what's that you say?  You saw what?

Abandoned

Chapter 17

Oh No, Pirates!

The End

RedKetchup

hehe a while i didnt saw this pirates cave :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

:) Oh, I am sure you will be seeing it again in another story Mr @RedKetchup , I think that is one really cool looking cave.  8)