News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #6: Best Storybook Village

Started by solarscreen, July 21, 2014, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: mariesalias on September 02, 2014, 06:57:05 PM
... I have 5 mins until raid time and then have to get the kid to sleep...

I really love our 21st century ;D

mariesalias

Unfortunately a couple members are having latency issues so we yeah, still waiting.  I may end up with some unexpected free time this evening.

Before I started playing video/computer games, I played card games all the time.  :D

solarscreen

Everyone reading, please read both stories and then cast your votes here in the thread!

Thanks to both challengers for your entries!  I hope we can get more participation when we run this challenge again in October!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on September 02, 2014, 09:32:22 AM
So, this is over now and I'm voting for @rkelly17.  I think there are only two of us competing, so he must be voting for me.  Are we co-winners, or is someone else voting?   ;D

Indeed, I am voting for @slink.

While we are at it, how about a challenge that looks for the most aesthetically pleasing settlement. I've been trying out the flat map mod and when you put it  on the flattest setting it gives a huge canvas for avenues, plazas, and all sorts of things.

RedKetchup

and of course Slink will vote for Rkelly ^^ haha

i ll try to read that tonight or tomm and give my votes :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Oh-oh.  Time for me to download the Flat Map Mod.   ;D

mariesalias

I was finally able to finish reading both blogs. I do not know how I can decide between the two; they are both excellent! I particularly enjoy the whimsy and the twist that @slink's story took at the end. And I enjoyed the history and attention to detail of @rkelly17's story.

A very difficult choice! Since I have to chose one though, I will chose @rkelly17's. I feel like both should win though!

Bobbi

Agree with everything @mariesalias said, so to make things more difficult, I will vote for @slink

irrelevant

This is such a tough choice, both are so well-done. I'll come back in a bit to vote, I have to go find a suitable coin to toss  ;)

irrelevant

After reading through both for the fourth time, although I love the surprise ending of @slink 's story, I have to go with @rkelly17, only because I am forced to make a choice. I really enjoyed both. 

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 04, 2014, 03:14:11 PM
This is such a tough choice, both are so well-done. I'll come back in a bit to vote, I have to go find a suitable coin to toss  ;)

yeah very hard to decide  :-\ i ll choose @slink , but @rkelly17 is as good as well :)

solarscreen

Looks like it's too close to call from two of our best players!  Thank you for playing and giving us great stories to go along with a great game. 

@slink ties again and @rkelly17 notches another win in his Banished stick he uses to beat his opponents with.

Congrats to both of you. Thank you again!

RedKetchup

what another tie ?

Congratulations BOTH OF YOU !!!

solarscreen

slink

I am flattered to tie with a professional writer.  :)  My writing experience as a professional scientist was in writing progress reports, year-end reports, and project-end summary reports.  My career as a scientist consisted of collecting my own data, and then presenting theories and predictions based on the data.  The only difference between science and science-fiction is the degree of imagination used in the theories.  ;D  Then there is faith, in which the practitioners invent their own data, as well.  Climate science tends toward this latter category, in my opinion.  ::)