News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Trees: Coastal Redwoods and Sequoias

Started by solarscreen, March 10, 2017, 06:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

I would love to see Coastal Redwoods and Sequoias added to the tree types we can grow.  It would take longer than the few years the regular trees take to grow but can you imagine 350 foot trees as big as 20 feet in diameter?  Awesome!

https://vimeo.com/130384309

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

They would be cool, I was thinking of adding some more larger trees to mine, but maybe as a decoration (if I can make the trees look good). I accidentally made my spruce trees way too tall tall in game, they looked fantastic, but grew so dense you could not see anything at all.

elemental

Quote from: Necora on March 10, 2017, 06:56:05 AM
I accidentally made my spruce trees way too tall tall in game, they looked fantastic, but grew so dense you could not see anything at all.

They would still be good as decorative trees. More trees and plants = more good. :)

purringcat

I have a Redwood tree next to my patio and one across the street.   "Both coast redwood and Sierra redwood grow at a moderate rate, which means they gain between 12 and 24 inches of height in a single growing season."    Some grow 5' a year.   No need to slow down their rate of growth.