News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Playing around with smoke

Started by Necora, April 11, 2017, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 23, 2017, 07:14:59 AM
I haven't tried with the vanilla building, I can do so tomorrow.  I don't see it being a problem.  When you dig really low using @kralyerg terrain mod, it goes to dark blue, (as per screenshot) and acts like water, your PEI's were producing as much as the river placed ones were.

Oh I didn't know it did that. I have played with some terraforming tools, mainly the raise ones to make an earth bank with a wall on top (ghost CC wooden palisades are good for this). I only use the irrigate mod to sink the terrain though, and lower ones to style my shore lines, so didn't know there was one that makes water in land that actually acts like water.

As for the flicker, that is why there are edge, corner, and center pieces. The textures fight each other otherwise, so they have to perfectly line up and not overlap otherwise it looks pants.

And with the fishing, my fishing shacks are not dependent on water like the vanilla ones is, they produce from nothing like the apiary. This is what I was imagining for fishing on these smaller lakes/streams.

QueryEverything

It seems then we have an excellent 'proof of concept' and that what you are hoping for, can actually work, with a little tweaking :)  Between yours & @kralyerg mods, we can definitely get an inland pond situation working :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Bartender

@Necora I've been experimenting with some water rocks, but I can't get the OpaqueInWaterMaterial.rsc to work on them for some reason. Do I need to do something special with the mesh for that?

EDIT: nevermind, I had just forgotten to add a reference to the 'snow' template :-X.. It's working now!