Gordon Dry

Simple as that:

DirectX9
- 10 x slower start of game and save game load
- faster Alt-Tabbing

DirectX11
- faster start of game and save game load
- much slower Alt-Tabbing

Curious, other games make Alt-Tabbing way faster or even possible with DirectX 11 ...

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gordon Dry

So after I recognized "empty posts" here and there over the past time I always wondered what they're about...

Now, as I got an "empty post" as reply, I ask you if I missed something about the "codex" of this board?

::)

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 18, 2016, 03:13:20 PM
i think dx9 do less "moiré" than dx11

Quote from: Gordon Dry on June 18, 2016, 03:21:14 PM
So after I recognized "empty posts" here and there over the past time I always wondered what they're about...

Now, as I got an "empty post" as reply, I ask you if I missed something about the "codex" of this board?

::)

empty post ? where ?
not a problem with IE cache ?

OldnRetired

Gordon  -  I've been on WoB for 2 years or so. Never had a "empty Post".
I had Win 8.1 & now Win 10. Always using Firefox.
Maybe you have a "bug" or malware?

Gordon Dry

Hmmm ...

I guess this board is also very user-agent-restrictive and doesn't like Pale Moon Browser -  as many sites ...

Either with Firefox Compatibility Mode on or off it's problematic here.

RedKetchup

i never got any "empty post" neither.

i think it is your browser that has a problem, my friend.

your IE should still be there (unless you asked a special uninstall...) maybe you should compare.

Gordon Dry

Yes, in IE I see the post.

Interesting is that also your 2nd reply (4th post) got an empty quote in it (I didn't click on "quote", just on "reply"):

RedKetchup

Gordon Dry

Nope!

I just discovered a crazy fact while creating a brand new profile for Pale Moon ...

First to say, I added one addon after the other and restarted the browser and checked for issues, when okay, I exited the browser and created a backup of the profile folder.

As I reached the point where I imported the password database from the old profile, restarted, checked, exited, backed up and started - I was asked for the master password.

So far, so good - but as soon as I was logged in the issue was back!!!

I logged out and the issue was gone.

So, this issue only appears when I am logged in!

Edit:

confirmed, with a totally new and blank profile, logged in, issue, logged out, issue gone ...

Gordon Dry

Just a reminder, my last post did not say "Problem solved" ...

It says
"Perhaps the browser is a little imperfect but the web site also has an issue."

Nowadays many web sites use strict user agent rules and force the user to use mainstream browsers or they don't work.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gordon Dry on June 20, 2016, 02:57:28 PM

It says
"Perhaps the browser is a little imperfect but the web site also has an issue."

if there is an issue... bah i dont know what it is and what can be done. only big chihuahua can check

Gordon Dry

At least I can read it.

I should try to find the lost ancient words to be used to make it invisible for agnostic jihad traders like me.

Kinda magic ink I could say.

Discrepancy

Quote from: Gordon Dry on June 18, 2016, 09:24:39 AM
Simple as that:

DirectX9
- 10 x slower start of game and save game load
- faster Alt-Tabbing

DirectX11
- faster start of game and save game load
- much slower Alt-Tabbing

Curious, other games make Alt-Tabbing way faster or even possible with DirectX 11 ...

That is my experience from it also.

DirectX9 is really... slow at load up, black screen before the shining rock logo goes on forever, I'd normally just alt-tab out and do something else then go back when menu had loaded. All in all yes it does handle the alt-tab better, I can straight away press on the screen and interact with other program...
... while with DirectX11 it is different, if I alt-tab out of the game and click screen to interact with different program it can sometimes send you into what I call a 'crash-death-spiral', the screen flickers back to banished pause screen, you click, but no interaction with banished either, nothing else shows up, alt-tabbing does nothing, alt-ctrl-del and you can't see the Task Manager... sometimes I can get out of it, otherwise I just kill it all and alt-tab and alt-f4 to close it all. Best way to alt-tab with directX11 is to alt-tab, then hover over taskbar icon of other program and click on the little preview window, otherwise I normally experience the 'crash-death-spiral' if I just click on screen.
But yes, quick start up and loading with DirectX11.

Graphically... don't think it makes much of a difference in game.... I'm tempted to do some tests though, maybe.