News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RavenSteele - Kotor - Magical Roads

Started by RavenSteele, August 16, 2014, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavenSteele

I decided to start a new settlement.  This time I decided to go to the extreme: mountains, harsh weather, disasters, hard starting conditions.  I think my map seed is pretty good though (234719873).

So while I began setting my initial layout, I minimized the game.  When I tried to bring it back up, the game crashed.  I pulled up my autosave and this happened:

The roads I had laid weren't built yet.  I hadn't unpaused the game yet.  I decided to change my road layout a little bit, but instead of just removing the build footprint, the game considered the roads already built!  Basically all the roads were finished without any work actually being done.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to take advantage of this glitch or go back to my initial save :)

RavenSteele

Gah!  I tested the roads, and the game doesn't recognize them.  Citizens move as if its just bare ground.  But, it makes me remove them using laborers as if they are already built.  Frustrating, I don't really want to redo my layout again!  :/

Edit: went back to a save game before I removed the road footprints.  I was trying a different build order.  The same glitch happened again!  This time the game didn't crash though.  Seems to happen if I save before the roads are built.  Only encountered it on this map, though I don't think I've ever saved prior to my roads being constructed.

RedKetchup

yeah that s a bug with 1.0.3. if you ask a road, and saved... and try to reload the game, the roads does that, they arent built but need to 'work' them to unbuild their ghosts roads.
wait they are built, and then undo them.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RavenSteele

Ahh well at least its not unique to me.  That map seed ended up not being as good as I thought, so I'm trying a different one.  Trying an all coal (no firewood), all steel tools, all stone house settlement.

I'll post screen shots if I'm successful haha.