News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bannies Not Picking Up Thatch

Started by littlelamb, November 04, 2018, 09:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlelamb

Just started playing with  RK Editors Choice. There are bundles of Thatch all over the map and no one is picking it up. Can some one please tell me how to get my folk to collect it. Not even taking it to the Dock

Thankyou

brads3

did you place a fodder barn? do you have a start pile and a forester barn? am thinking they have no place to put it.if the start pile gets full, then nothing gets done til they use it up making firewood and tools.  i avoid this by adding an industrial market to give more storage space or a firewood storage between the cutter and the start pile. depending on mods and mod order sometimes houses will burn it also.

RedKetchup

the fodder thatch is a Custom5 item : Construction
you need to have some stockpiles: ALL or vanilla one with some space free or have a Stockpile: Construction with free space so your citizens can pick them up and store them :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

lamb, i had that problem too. here's what I had to do: don't build any generic stockpiles
instead, fodder is a "construction" so build construction stockpiles near stable (or vice versa)
Fodder Barn is not actually that, it's a Construction Barn. So both it and the Construction yards will collect fodder brick roofing lumber equally, randomly. Well mostly the one closest, but of course the dudes will spread stuff all over. You can also try the Warehouse mod to help pull stuff around the map, since you can't isolate fodder from the other construction materials. Or just build all construction related buildings in the same area, which is how I am reshaping my city.

I thought I was going to figure out everything, and then design a new perfectly layed out city. Instead, since I can afford the food and building materials, I'm sortof enjoying tearing stuff down and rebuilding. Wish there was a magic thing to nudge a building over ONE space lol! "The Great Levitator"?
It used to be that stone was my limiting factor, but now that there is a stone quarry that can be disappeared (I hope), for me now stone is endless so no need to start over since there is no restriction on rebuilding materials. I especially enjoy building ONLY the third level of a house! lmao!
I tried building 2nd story over Perfumist, but doesn't look so great

RedKetchup

Quote from: donwolfkonecny on November 12, 2018, 09:26:59 AM
I tried building 2nd story over Perfumist, but doesn't look so great

when i did it, i thought it will still worth it knowing very well some would try stupid things like that eventually ^^.
it is their game, their town, not mine :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

wwhat!! those "stupid" contraptions can be fun. besides some serve a purpose. like on stilts to avoid floods.using the 1st floor for storgae or another workplace. experimenting can be fun.