News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Idea: Old city builder Get/Accept storage mechanics!

Started by Carlitosway18, July 20, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlitosway18

Games like, Pharoh,Emperor,Zeus,Caesar had the ability to control your storage yards and granaries to always have a certain amount of specific goods that you want.Storage Yards could be set to Accept goods or not, and to Get goods if they didn't have them, and other yards or Granaries did have them.Some of this games were made in the 90s and early 2000s how come we lacking on that aspect.

RedKetchup

yeah i agree, this game lack totally of those controls. and we connot set it up corectly out of giving a trading post ui (with an hidden merchant that will come over 100,000 years and without giving citizen access and the ability to take anything within it)

very old game like ceasar series and children of the nile were able to get that :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Carlitosway18

Is it possible to lock it to were only the employee of that building is allowed to move items? on the older games the warehouse employee will go collect to fill his building or deliver to the buildings needing the resource.

embx61

The game is limited modding wise regarding the distribution of resources.
Most is hard coded and we modders cannot access the main C++ source code.

Most of the AI is also hidden from us. I think the problem is that when Luke (the developer of Banished) created Banished he had no modding support in mind.
He did add some modding support but the game was then in a far stadium developing wise and so I guess too hard for Luke to open more up.

He added some more stuff in in some patches but the game is beside major bugs considered finished for him and he is working on some low level code for another game.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Carlitosway18 on July 20, 2018, 08:28:28 PM
Is it possible to lock it to were only the employee of that building is allowed to move items? on the older games the warehouse employee will go collect to fill his building or deliver to the buildings needing the resource.

it is locked , only the employee of that building can move items, in and out.

i suggest you test it by yourself :)
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=242
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .