Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gideo - the town of milk and honey

Started by Nilla, September 13, 2014, 03:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on September 15, 2014, 02:52:13 PM
Pictures 1-2
Have you seen this before? I haven´t, and twice at the same time. Thought the age difference would never be more than 20 years.

maybe they had alot of money p
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Looks better than with breweries, doesn´t it?
It does, it's very attractive.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 15, 2014, 03:53:29 PM
Looks better than with breweries, doesn´t it?
It does, it's very attractive.
when i do something... i do it good, or i dont do it ^^
/joking

Nilla

40 years have passed.

Supply of food is good. Yogurt works as a main-trading-product. Together with meat, I have enough in my 11 trading ports, to buy everything, the food-trades-man brings (30 000 food). The logistic works so far (60 creameries, mostly yogurt). Productivity about the same as the last time I wrote.

The only problem so far is the supply of logs and stone. This slows the growth of the town. I have sent  away the two last "batches" of nomads. If I havn´t enough building materials to build houses for all my young adults, there is no room for nomads. There isn´t even enough logs for my woodcutters.

The reasons are interesting. 

I have some foresters, but far from enough to supply the woodcutters. In other games where I have traded with wood and ale, I order logs, apples and stones from the general-goods-tradesman and logs, stones, iron and steeltools from the resource-trades-man.  As we all know; the general-goods-trades-man delivers the most, mostly 1600-2400 logs and almost as much stone, by this high population.

Here I order milk, berries, logs and stones. With 4 different products, there are often 400-800 logs, sometimes no logs at all and only seldom 1600, never more. This is not enough. The resource-trades-man only takes wood and coats, of the things I sell (he also takes ale but no food). This means that I cannot always buy all he delivers. This is the biggest difference between ale and milk-products as main trading product.

In order to solve this problem, I have taken away milk from the order-list of most general goods-tradesmen. The store is slowly getting smaller, but there is still plenty of milk. This is a fragile balance, and we will see how it works out.

I have started to look at the milk/meat-production. I think the cattle has become a bit too "overpowered". It is a funny thing; I wanted to suggest that you divide the milk-meat-production into 2 different kind of animals; cows- milk and little meat and leather and cattle - no milk and much meat and leather, same as some of the suggestions in another thread.

RedKetchup

alright, i ll see what i can do after i finished my Decorative Items Pack. When real Beta will be launch ... i ll check back to add a new animal : Cows. and make only drop milk from Cows and no beef no leather when the beast will be slaughtered. but also, i feared that cattle will going back to ... oblivion :(
so i still to think about it.

Nilla

That´s it! I made the 50 years I wanted to do. :)

The test of the mods was  successful, the fast expansion not so, couldn´t buy as much building materials  as I wanted. But I could build new houses all the time, the population-graph looks nice and over 2600 people in 50 years is not so bad.   

I like the new buildings and the new products, but for different reasons. As I have said before, all looking nice, no technical problems. made a lot of fun!!!!! :)

Honey  :)
The balancing is OK, the productivity is still maybe a bit high, considering the needed space, but still reasonable.

Yogurt  :)  :)
The yogurt is overpowered - yes. Due to the high productivity of the creamery making yogurt (opposite to cheese and cream), is the trade profit almost as high as from ale and wood. I think this was not really intended. But as long as ale and wood are the way they are, this mod opens a new possibility to support a larger settlement from trade. Harder than ale, yes, but possible and much more interesting, because of the problems I described in my latest blog.

Cheese and cream  :-\  :)
"Cosmetic products" have no real use in the game, others than the fun of making them and having many different products to offer the population. As trade-products, the productivity is too low to make them really useful.  I sometimes make ale from wheat, just for the fun of making German weissbier. Economic insane but fun, the same with cheese and cream.

It would be different if you @RedKetchup  (or someone else) could find some special meaning for these complex products, making people more happy, more healthy, more efficient, faster, more productive.............perhaps something like education; if they have these products (meat could also be counted to that category)  maybe they could make not 4 wood from one log but 5 and so on ....... or maybe they don´t have to go home so often to eat .........

Milk  :)  :-\
If you produce milk and meat for your population to eat/drink, it is well balanced. If you also consider the trade value, it is quite high. One cows produces 80 milk each year. In a pasture of 20*10 with 10 cows that´s 800 food. It will also produce about 600 meat and 18 leather as average each year. This means a trading value of about 2800 for one worker. I have seen no difference at all between one and two herdsmen.

Suggestion: Two kind of animals; Cows 80 or maybe 100 milk each cow each year and perhaps 200 meat and 9 leather (1/3 of the cattle) the number of herdsmen could maybe also have some influence, and cattle as the original.

RedKetchup

alright thanks you for your recommendations :) very appreciated :)
i ll keep that in mind when i ll do the 1.4 version of my Creamery Dairy Products :)

you just finished your town just in time .... to download the 1.1 Decorative Items Pack and play with it :)

Nilla