News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Vendor Capacity

Started by Paeng, March 31, 2017, 05:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

lol i just tried to put template/market.rsc and tradingpost.rsc....

you see the compiler working them.... but in game if i check the files and data of the .pkm ?? it is empty. all it has is index and resources. thats all. nothing about the templates.

edit : the first part of the toolkit is processing them into .crs
but the 2nd part of the toolkit, to make a package with it .... it is not processing them.

it is like it "compare" the file with something... and skip
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 12:04:25 PM"overwrite" the vanilla market and vanilla trading post and see how it reacts

LOL - I had a sneaking suspicion that the vendor carrying capacities might be tied generally to the traders and markets when your first try did not work right... yeah, very odd indeed  :-X

Quote from: embx61 on March 31, 2017, 12:12:30 PMLuke most understand that besides playing modding is a big part of it as well to keep a game going strong.

Yeah, just looking at the current works done by modders this fact should be screaming at him... I'm not sure why he seems to be so hesitant to open up things a bit more... I mean, the added limits are nice, but tbh - just a drop in the ocean...  :'(

EDIT

Oops, our posts just crossed... hmmm, getting weirder instead clearer... I'm falling out of my limited depth  :(
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

so ... it doesnt really process if it doesnt want to ... if i create different market/TP ... it will create the new ones , with the "new profession with same name" and you will get 2 vendor 2 traders.

there is something hardcodded that prevent the process.

so unless you start a new profession (even with same name) the new profession will have your 700...
but no way we can change the original ones.

RedKetchup

HA !!!!!!!

i catched the little silly squirrel !!!!

you are good to go now :)

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=256

embx61

@Paeng

I don't understand it either. The source code/engine code is all compiled code anyway.
All what modding is, is that the programmer implement hooks which tie into the program code.

In short, the more hooks are opened up the better the modding support.

It is even more funny that anyone who don't want to buy the game just can play it with the executable which is included with the modkit which is a free download from even Luke's own site.
Okay, it has some more checks and can make the game a bit slower because of that, but it is just Banished with some extra check code. No cracks needed, NONE!

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

What was the little squirrel Red?
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on March 31, 2017, 01:14:27 PM
What was the little squirrel Red?

:) the game was considaring the fact that the "vendor" and "trader" profession with the same name as the one in game .... were different from the original one because the profession folder it was not at the same place as the vanilla game : Game/Profession/Profession.rsc

but was in Profession/Profession.rsc like all the example provided with the toolkit like Apiary example.
cause that , for the toolkit, it was not the same trader/vendor even if it was exactly the same name of files and same name of professions.

i ve got the idea from big resolve we got about the New Community Toolbar ^^

RedKetchup

so.... dont follow the example provided with the toolkit . they are WRONG lol
it can work sometimes, most of the time... but they are WRONG lol

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 01:10:54 PMHA !!!!!!!
i catched the little silly squirrel !!!!

Haha! And it works like a charm... super cool, you did it again  :D
(see attached)

Now to work out some booster-override scenarios...  :P

RedKetchup

so you dont need a new game ? it changed immediately in your old save ?
awesome.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 31, 2017, 01:35:07 PMso you dont need a new game ? it changed immediately in your old save ? awesome.

Yep, plopped it right into a 75-year old town... no sweat  ;)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on March 31, 2017, 01:11:50 PMIn short, the more hooks are opened up the better the modding support.

Okay... so did he fail to include these hooks? And is it super hard now to add them, after the fact, so to speak?

I still think he severely underestimated the "cute little monster" he created, and how much people would (try to) get into it...
Sure, Banished alone has a small community, but I think the genre per se has a huge potential community - not only looking at big ones like SC, but new oevres like Forest Village, Ostriv, Ancient Cities - to name a few...