News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Gather our forces!

Started by kid1293, April 01, 2017, 10:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Glad to see you back @QueryEverything ,I hope all is well.

The real problem is to get Luke to react at all.
Whatever comes out is more than we have.
Your approach is interesting, but boils down to a single session
with us throwing all we got at Luke.
If we think of it as a continuing interview we have to convince
him to participate either with a blog or as you said in a special forum.
That's a big step if we think of his silence now.

embx61

@kid1293

That is the problem the more I think of it why Luke is avoiding forums unless he is here incognito.  :)
Other companies have at least forum moderator(s) who can relay questions to the developer(s) to keep the players/modders in the loop.
But even his own forum is as dead as it can be.

Luke is all by himself so I understand he's not willing to spend tons of time on forums.
But even if he can spare an hour a month or so on this forum just to answer some questions about the modkit it would be a nice gesture.

It is up to him when and how much he wants to show up.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

@embx61 - That leaves us no other choice than to beg...

It must be something not messing up his schedule or scheme.
All I have read here is taking some time to do. Some take a lot of effort.

So far there is only two things that can be considered fixes/updates/small adjustments
that is -

BETTER ZOOM - Just a change of one variable in the code to get closer to the action!

Possibly ONE MORE RESOURCE (for a total of 4) added to build menu. Should please many of us!
This is more or less a graphics fix, but that part is very modular. The code should be simple.

Those two wishes put minimal stress on Luke to complete, but have a huge impact for all,
modders and players alike. Are you people interested?

Nilla

I have followed this thread, but said nothing. I don't make mods, so it's hard to know, what to ask for. Most of what you all have said make sense. I've followed your work with the mods on this page, since the first days of Banished mods. One thing, that I've seen from the first day: " We can't do that, it's in the hardcoded part". If I understand it right, it's a part of the game, that Luke for some reason, keeps to himself. I am sure, that if more of these secret parts of the game, would be released to the hands of you resourceful modders, a lot of new interesting things would be created. What is, if you would ask for that? I can understand, that he don't want to reveal everything from a new game, but it's not new anymore. I can't understand, that it would give him a lot of work.

kid1293

Nice touch @Nilla !!!
What do you say about a simple request for Better Zoom and One More Resource?

But I don't know what to say to him. I even thought of bribing him.  :-[
He should have a lot of fun coming here. :)
Someone with words should write.

RedKetchup

can we ask to seperate trading post UI from merchant ?
or seperate merchants from TP UI ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Do you want merchants separated to be placed ... where there is a need for a merchant?
Right now it's connected with boat animation. It's a big job.

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on April 07, 2017, 09:43:56 AM
Do you want merchants separated to be placed ... where there is a need for a merchant?
Right now it's connected with boat animation. It's a big job.

the idea is to be able to use the TP:UI without having a merchant system connected to it.
it is sad i didnt kept that email answer he sent to me when i asked why we cannot take the UI and without the merchant code out; we crash and cant compile.
he told me that the merchant code is linked together with the trading post UI and cannot seperated.
in fact it is a mess, this merchant code should have been made inside its own files, not in middle of something else code.

but probably it would too much complicated to ask to seperate it and put the oranges in the orange basket and not with the apples basket^^ and fix the mess.

so ... forget it.

there were other things that pissed me off... but i can stay silent ^^
go ahead and try to get these 2 things if you can :)

Tom Sawyer

For me a fourth building material is the most interesting thing which I would like to see. I think it can be easily fixed by Luke. I almost had it but the game crashes because of any internal UI problem. Actually I would like to define more than 4 materials. For example wood, stone, bricks, tiles, window panes and a paint but it would probably mean to rework the UI. So 4 is better than 3. Otherwise I have to go for packing materials and that's not really nice in game.

Talking about zoom. I don't want to zoom closer to buildings but I would like to tilt the camera more (via page up and down). So we can look to the horizon and see the sky. It would drop down the FPS but it should be up to the player. With that we don't need zoom hack anymore for nice screenshots.

I have a long list of things which can only be solved by Luke but don't want to distract from the building material issue.

Abandoned

I again vote for the added sounds and a way to get crop seeds other than by trading post merchant.  One of the best parts about the original Banished is planting and harvesting the crops.  All the mods and added none edible crops seeds make it even more difficult to get food seeds without multiple trading posts and expensive special orders. 

I would not like to have to acquire more than 3 building materials or juggle around more goods from place to place.

embx61

Quotehe told me that the merchant code is linked together with the trading post UI and cannot seperated.

No, not by us modders because we not have the C++ Source code.
But it can be separated by Luke if he want to do it.

I miss some logic in his coding, some things like for example the UI is quite modular coded and some parts are just too tight hardcoded.

But your Warehouse does at least work Red, only a boat comes along so once in a while and then moves on without doing really anything. Correct?

I for sure vote for stuff what IMHO, and others, are not that hard and time consuming to do for Luke.
Of course I want as much as possible but we have to be realistic too.
Even if Luke give us 1 or 2 from the list we have won something.

Like:
The more materials for buildings up to 6 as it just needs another row in the UI besides expanding the array and code the hooks for it.
More clothing options (Increase the levels by maybe 2) are IMHO not that hard to do either.
And the requirements (Like the nomads) expanded as this option give us modders quite some stuff to play with.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

So, right now it's

Better zoom with better tilt too.

Building resources - up to 6 (two rows)

Clothing levels increased one or two.

And that nasty requirement option. He has to do code for not having met
the requirements too. Who is going to get the required stuff? The baker?
A lot of code for all possible variations.

Keep it simple! The three first I agree with.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on April 07, 2017, 02:09:54 PM
Quotehe told me that the merchant code is linked together with the trading post UI and cannot seperated.
But your Warehouse does at least work Red, only a boat comes along so once in a while and then moves on without doing really anything. Correct?

yes the warehouse has full TP code. It is just some tab are hidden with some:
       Flags _flags = Hidden;

well placed in a personalized custom /dialog/trade.rsc file to make the TAB disappeared from player eyes.

Tom Sawyer

Just a thought to clothing. Instead of more levels (actually normal and warm is not bad as it is) I would suggest to connect the live period of coats to the rawmaterial files instead of the citizen.rsc where it is set for all clothes to 4 years. If it is defined in the materials we can create clothes with different durability like tools. For example warm but not long-living wool clothes and durable but not warm leather coats for some interesting tailoring options.

QueryEverything

Another idea given the new Community Toolbar and subsequent discussions:

The ability to have the mod/item listed in 2 sub-bars, the ability to have a house listed in "houses" and in 2nd designated toolbar, whether it be in the CT under modder, or in a designated "theme".

@kid1293 is it perhaps worthwhile updating your original post with all the subsequent ideas people have had?  So new readers can come along and see all the ideas at the top of the post?
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]