News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Can't use certain mods at same time?

Started by marmaladema, April 04, 2017, 11:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

thanks so much @Paeng for all the info, that seems to be a good system you have.  Once it is set up it should be easy to maintain and choose mods.  I rarely add a mod once the map is started but am pretty choosy at the start, the suites sound like a good idea to me to minimize the mod list and avoid conflicts.  I also have a group of essentials and favorites.  If I decide to update, now would be the time to implement a new system. :)

Paeng

You're very welcome  :)

Quote from: Abandoned on April 09, 2017, 04:10:51 AMI rarely add a mod once the map is started

Yeah, I've been rather hesitant about this for a long time, too... for fear of wrecking my setup - but now, with a better understanding of how these things work together, I have no hesitations about adding more mods into a running game.

Just remember never ever to remove a mod from a running game - even if you've never built any structure from it, once it's registered (winreg) better keep it for the rest of this town's cycle, even if it turns out to be just "ballast"...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned