Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Old Town V1.03

Started by kid1293, August 17, 2018, 10:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Old Town V1.03

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=463

V1.01 - Fixed a bad path in front of the hostel. Thanks, brads.
V1.02 - Updated tailor with Linen, Fur, and Down
V1.03 - Added stone versions of Animal/Sheep Shed

It all started with finding the vanilla thatch texture.
I searched and found more and more textures used in the game.
I had gone so far away in other mods that it felt like coming
home using these textures.

Many of the ideas and suggestions come from Abandoned.
This mod would probably not be if she hadn't insisted :)

Some new buildings, some borrowed from myself and retextured.
Both residential and service buildings, inspired by vanilla Banished.
I leave no description to the mod. Finding out is half the fun. :)

I can not guarantee it is error-free but I hope so.

Enjoy.

Hawk

I like those @kid1293

Nice job. I haven't played Banished in a while (been preoccupied with a couple other games) but I just might have to install this and fire it up.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

Good to hear. Banished lives!

There is a lot in the mod I haven't shown :)

Hawk

It will be fun to find out what it is.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Goblin Girl

I fired up a new game and played using this mod for a few hours.  I just love having the vanilla textures on more buildings.  I only have one question, and it's not a criticism, just me wondering about something.
You've got a records office and also a tower that reports inventory.  It is essentially just that tab from the town hall.  While I like the look of the building, what is the advantage of having both?  I'm guessing other people must use the town hall much differently than I do.

galensgranny

Thanks, Kid!  This is great!  :)   I recognize the tower house from one of your early mods, Houses for Sale, when it had a orange and other colors tile, roof  Glad to see it again retextered!.

brads3

GG,probably cause players like different building styles.sometimes 1 doesn't fit as well as another depending on the village. i actually use several townhalls on maps.it is a handy tool to check inventory while you are working in a village and then to be abe to check it quick when in a mining area.others use the minimize button on the TH.we all are different.

i forget to hit the pin on the TH when i am checking TP's or adjusting limitsetc.having a TH close by saves waundering way over there and forgetting what  was goina check. LOL

Abandoned

I can answer these replies.  :)  @galensgranny that tower house from Houses for Sale is one of my favorite houses Kid made.  I originally suggested it be retextured as an inventory only overseer for port or mining area thinking of @brads3 and myself  :) but @Goblin Girl I also love lighthouses.  So we decided to make the tower house a Hall of Records and the lighthouse an overseer of the port.  My town hall is usually far from the port area and I like to check inventory when trading or stocking trading post, so the lighthouse is decorative and useful.

When suggesting things to Kid I try to include things mention in the forum (like more Wild West) or things I know others would like even if it is not something I would particularly want.  I rarely use markets or taverns.  I remembered tavern after we thought Old Town was done but Kid added it in before release.  I am afraid Ghost Town got a bit more complicated than @kid1293 would have liked  ;)  I know he will be as happy as I am that you all like basic vanilla Old Town.  :)

brads3

no tavern in a WW town? what country are you from again? LOL

Abandoned

LOL brads3, I rarely have enough grain if any to feed my people much less make alcohol out of it  :)  WW Corn Crib is so cool  8)

Goblin Girl

Quote from: Abandoned on August 17, 2018, 07:37:25 PM
So we decided to make the tower house a Hall of Records and the lighthouse an overseer of the port.  My town hall is usually far from the port area and I like to check inventory when trading or stocking trading post, so the lighthouse is decorative and useful.
This is a really good idea! 

Abandoned

brads3

grain.....? umm the root beer tavern,the honey still,the maple still,wineries,the Pilgrim's rest has options or the Swan. you are right that we need a non-brewing tavern that will store the different options.i have just 1 from CC. course you can set 1 to use plums and never grow them too.

Abandoned

oh yes, there are a lot of different taverns and options, I think I have used all the ones you mentioned at one time or another but not often.

taniu

@kid1293 :D Thank you for all the wonderful mods that you have recently added - testing them. I was in trouble when building a 3-storey building - but now it's OK - you can not put a building next to the road - as you can see in the pictures - the building was not even. Cheers!