News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mark's Ramblings

Started by MarkAnthony, August 31, 2019, 02:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

MARK, did you ever have it load and then right as it comes up to the game,there is a cloud of DOOM? i have seen that ,usually with the North added. most the times game did crash too.

morning?? not here. its 1 am.

kid1293

I guess you are off to bed soon. It is weird to say Good Night when the sun rises ;D

MarkAnthony

No, it's morning for @kid1293 , it's almost 10pm for me.  ;D

I had issues when I tried loading every single one of Kid's mods before. But for that test I only loaded Kid's mods and nothing else. I wanted to see how CraZy!$%#@ his buttons would appear in game.  :P ??? The game would constantly crash when I clicked on a certain toolbar button. I ended up having to use the ShortToolbar mod to fix that - he just had more buttons than the game would allow.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

Good that you mention it. I have thought about (and I do sometimes) include Shorter Toolbar
in the mod. Doing it in all my mods is not an option ???

I never thought this modding business would grow as it did...

One solution is to make a megamod but I do not like it.

MarkAnthony

Nah, @kid1293 - don't do that.

On one hand I see the appeal of it but it's just not worth the trouble and hassle in the long run I don't think; me personally I prefer to load my mods piecemeal. And yes I have noticed that some of your mods include the ShortToolbar fix.

I always look forward to what you will create next or update so I anxiously await as usual like so many others here do!  ;D

I did ask if you were planning more in your Native mod but @Abandoned spoke on your behalf and basically shut me down on that. But again, I'm always checking daily to see what's new and being talked about.

Keep up the awesome work and of course take regular breaks.

Respect and regards,

Mark

kid1293

Nothing planned for Native. @Abandoned and I were sure we had what we set out to do.
Some other mods will get updated and something new will also come. You just wait and see.

Time for breakfast.

Ramble on! :)

Nilla

Quote from: kid1293 on October 05, 2020, 10:11:15 PM
Ramble on! :)

Led Zeppelin fan?

They often accompanies my Banished games. ;)

kid1293

Hi. (Good Morning Mark!)

I hope you were not offended by my Ramble On! It wasn't meant to kick your butt ;D
This is maybe off-topic but I just wanted to say it...

brads3

good morning. is it time to go to bed now?

i agreee, MARK. i  prefer adding a few smaller mods than KID making an all in 1 version.easier on the computer memory. if a couple are similar then i might see them being merged. i think KID did that before thou.

MarkAnthony

Good morning everyone; hey there @kid1293  :)

I got a question for you Kid; my last couple of games using your Kid Westward Ho starting mod with your NewFloraEdit and all of your Colonial mods have not been giving me thatch anywhere I don't know why. My first attempt used one of your Prairie starts and my second attempt was using the default medium start just in case picking a special start prevented the thatch. Anyhow, even with a normal default start I don't have thatch anywhere. Below is the ModMan profile for my most recent attempt. If able, please advise as to what I may be overlooking.

Thanks Friend!

kid1293

Hi there @MarkAnthony

The thatch is spawned from trees.
You have my Tree Replacer above Westward Ho.
It means that the trees in Westward Ho will never be... No thatch. :(

-- as a start mod, it has to be high in the load order.

MarkAnthony

Thank you for the reply Kid, it's an easy fix; I like those kind of problems.  :D

MarkAnthony

Hey @kid1293 , Just got to say I truly love your Tree Replacer mod, it's a must-have in all of my games! The game world looks so much more alive especially when zoomed in close watching everyone live their lives.

Great work my Friend!

kid1293

Thanks.
I have made a few versions of the Tree Replacer. I am not sure if all are available. (attachment problems)
If you read something and can not find it. Post a question and I will try to upload it.

MarkAnthony

@kid1293 So another one of your mods I have been using almost every game recently is your Forge of Dwarves. I love the building styles especially the stone quarry and the mines. I am having issues with the dwelling gates though. Are they not supposed to be recessed into the mountain side?  Bannies won't move into them.