News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Zephormite: Endwellsworth

Started by Zephormite, July 08, 2014, 01:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephormite

Three more screenshots that wouldn't load on the previous post.

Zephormite

WOW! I just had someone stabbed to death...

tomplum68

rkelly17

Quote from: Zephormite on July 11, 2014, 01:33:43 PM
WOW! I just had someone stabbed to death...

A vendor, right? I've seen it about once every third or forth town, as have others. Who says there's no crime in Banished? Everybody has a "special" death or two. Vendors can fall off a ladder or be stabbed. Then there is The Death That Cannot Be Named for farmers. The log just says "Demon the Farmer" and names a replacement.

RedKetchup

in fact these farmers are subjected by aliens, this is why it cant be said :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Zephormite

The special deaths are pretty good.

Zephormite

Spring 43

Has been a big period of building, advancing the town meant I didn't see the time go ticking past. Has seen a huge new development to the East of the town (Screenshot 31), the main town has seen a few more houses built, but in general is just ticking along as it is (Screenshot 29).
To the south the development of my ale production, and farming land took off, especially as it headed south and saw the addition of some Cattle and Sheep, this has resulted in an additional 4000 food each season which is a huge bonus for the town. You can see the forest node still to the East of this development, and the second one (across the stream) which has started to develop as well (Screenshot 30).

Kidney Lake
The development to the east was a tough start, I added some nomads and trued to get them building over there, but it ended up being a toucgh land and they ALL died of starvation, had a couple of down periods of starvation around Year 36-38, both were my attempts to populate Kidney Lake as the builders had too far to travel and starved. I have fixed that now and the development has taken off with a forest node to the north with a new mine to help our iron production, to the south is a HUGE farming section, that will continue to grow, my aim is for that to head to the west taking up the land of the forest node once the northern one kicks into top gear. I have also started to place some fishing villages around the lake, these will be built once this market town on the western shore of the lake is completed.

Zephormite

Stats update

Here you can see the stats of the town to this point, we are producing enough food finally. I have made it over 100 Farmers as the city grows.
Houses seem to be the main storage spot for our food as they are holding onto SOOO much, trying to trade Ale, Tools and Firewood now..

RedKetchup

ouch, your food level is so low its barely 30% of what they eat in a year.

Zephormite

Yeah that's an ongoing issue, though they have ~26k food stored in the houses (Half a years worth), though my farms right now are only just producing over the intake, I really need to boost food production. Think that is going to be my biggest push over the next while, farms for africa.

Zephormite

The Half Century

The town of Endwellsworth has now been in existence for 50 years, it has slowly ballooned into a town of over 600 people spreading across the landscape.

Screen 39 - Shows the basic stats, our number of 'families' vastly outstrips our number of houses, I just can't keep up with that as the town continues to grow. 99% Clothed and 94% Educated, the population is booming. Our Food situation is still a struggle, eating 60k per year and producing about the same, as you will see we are planting a LOT of crops to try and build up a supply to prevent the lows getting bad again.

Screen 40 - Shows the small western development that was our first expansion, it was meant to extend north, but the mountains up there were a bit harsh. As such the expansion went south in a big way before heading east.

Screen 41 - The first movement south, this farming area is making a lot of Apple Ale, and now has a pair of quarries across the river, as the far west of the river will be turned into an industrial wasteland as it seems a perfect place to strip of all resources.

Screen 42 - Slightly to the east of the previous shot shows south of the stream, two quarries stripping the land, schools, churches and the north end of our MASSIVE farming development. I think I went a bit short on the storage and houses for it though as some of the middle farms struggle to get all of their crops in before winter. I'm looking into a few houses in the middle of the farming area to try and fix the problem. Housing is currently to the West and North East.

Zephormite

50 Years Continues

Screen 43 - The Southwest sector, some farming and pastures as well as a fishing dock, and a small forestry node in play. There isn't much usable land south of this stream, a thin strip where the Forester is, and then mountains.

Screen 44 - Farming centre, did you ask for some orchards and crops? Well I planted a massive group of them, in this shot you can see the housing to the Northeast, there is also a block of houses to the West of the storage barns, but I think this travel to home and back is causing the issues I am having with not getting some of the crops harvested. I might need to start micro-managing in late summer and putting more farmers onto the ones that don't clear as fast, just to ensure I get the full take from each field.

Screen 45 - The settlement of Kidney Lake has continued, with a large number of houses now over here, some schools, hospital, church, a northern forestry node and one to the south as well, over to the East side of the lake I am working on expanding our fisheries with a double dock on a very small piece of land that will fit 4 houses, 2 docks and a storage barn, a Market to the south will supply this area as well. Building a Boarding house as I am planning on getting Nomads over here to develop the land.

Screen 46 - The Fishing area that is starting on the East of Kidney Lake.

I have to say it is incredible how much Labouring gets done through winter when the farmers get into it, building supplies, stripping of resources etc, the 160 farmers get involved in it all.

RedKetchup

question: Do you think about all those crops without any houses near (providing the farmer jobs) will be efficient ? all your houses are quite far. (Screenshot 44)

Zephormite

Yeah that is my concern in the travel to and from work, am looking to remove 1-2 fields in the middle of that group and add some housing instead.

It seems the middle crops aren't getting harvested in time anymore.

RedKetchup

cant wait to see how you will resolve it :)