News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Ideas on education

Started by Fellow Villager, October 07, 2014, 04:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Villager

hi, I had a couple of ideas about education that could be used to simulate the skills of a person for a certain profession.

might make it necessary requirement of education for those who make the work of the teacher, physician and priest, while for others you could add the attribute educated after they have worked for a year on a specific profession.
maybe you could use the debug menu mod to add this ...

I think they are interesting ideas, I hope also possible .... I think that's funny at the same school, there should be a doctor, a teacher, and one that cuts the wood!

rkelly17

Maybe what you are talking about is adding a high school and specifying that certain professions need high school education--something like what happens in Tropico. I have no idea whether such a mod is possible in Banished.

One problem I would foresee is the staffing of the first school. Who would be qualified? In Tropico you get a few of the more educated with the initial citizens and you can pay to import foreign experts. The latter wouldn't work in Banished and it does not seem that any modders yet have gotten that deeply into the map-generating part of the program.

Fellow Villager

surely you need educated people ad the beginning.
I like too your idea to make a high scholl....but just don't know if possible

RedKetchup

i dont think it is possible to add a 3rd layer when it s time to decide each resources how many it gives when : non_educated , when : ecudated, and now : well_educated because it is stated like that in the files :
RawMaterialWood:

int _lowCreateCount = 2; //non educated
   int _highCreateCount = 3; // educated

you cant start a new parameter that would be like int_veryhighCreateCount=4
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

Also, for a new game there is this for a default:

InitialFamily _citizens
[
{ bool _educated = true; int _maxChildCount = 3; },
]

You would have to have another boolean variable named _highlyeducated.

RedKetchup

yeah cant create things like that :( i couldnt even create 'Dairy' as new type of food (along with grain, fruits....)

slink

And I wanted to make "Clay", to dig from clay pits, and make tiles and bricks for the buildings.   :'(

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Ooh, new construction mats!! Could they substitute for stone in structures that required stone?

RedKetchup

cant be substitued, but ya.
you would need to edit alot of building and change requirements from stone to bricks, cant have both , or stone or brick. unless you call the product 'stone' and add to the 'stone amount'.

irrelevant

Or you could have a whole new series of structures that used bricks in place of stone? A new type of house maybe?

RedKetchup

Fellow Villager

Nice! I asked befor for clay  ;D

Bobbi

But you have to have it instead of stone, not in addition to stone? For instance, if you create a clay pit you can't have a stone quarry anymore?

slink

@Bobbi, that is my understanding so far.  Materials as define by flags are as follows.

These two groups I have worked with.

Edible which includes Vegetable, Grain, Protein, Fruit
Fuel which includes WoodFuel and CoalFuel

These I have not worked with, but I have looked at them casually.

Clothing which includes WarmClothes, but does not seem to differentiate between leather coats and wool coats
Textiles (didn't check to see whether this is divided by Leather and Wool, but it seems probable)
Tools (steel tools don't appear different here)
Wood
Iron
Stone
Alcohol