News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jamie's Monastery v 1.0

Started by RedKetchup, October 11, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

2 more screenshot :)

for the moment , the church roof.... is kinda look... weird :P but will see at the end :)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

Wow, this looks fantastic @RedKetchup! I also appreciate you showing the steps, as it helps us to understand how you do it, and how much work is involved. Wish I could do stuff like that, but just looking at the file structure of the example building confuses me :D

I'm a bit anal too, though, so please make sure the final version is spelled correctly. It's monastery, not monestary (as per the latest screenshot name). Sorry :-X

Can't wait to start a new game with some of your mods, and I love the fact you put out new buildings in single mods, so it's easier for us to pick and choose what we want in the game. I'll probably use most of them as they're really good and fit the game's artwork perfectly, but it's nice to have the option.

RedKetchup

hahaha sorry. i changed the name of all my screenshots and reuploaded every single one with the good name ^^

satisfied ? ROFL

RedKetchup

since you love crafting screenshots ... 2 more ?

Bobbi

You are SO fast. Oh, that's right, we told you not allowed to sleep anymore.

RedKetchup

just missing some windows ontop in the little tower, and some at the 2nd floor. and all the back of the building will be finished.

RedKetchup

a while i didnt gone in the game to see the 'feel' of it :)

there is a screenshot. got to put my roof tiles way darker than i had, and a bit bigger.

it is almost the same now.

i will maybe change the back tower too , maybe.

Pangaea

Looks really good  8)

Actually hadn't noticed that the chapel's roof is sagging a little too, and the lines aren't perfectly straight, but caught it in that screenshot. Probably a good idea to do the same with your model too when it is complete. Not much, just a tiny bit like with the chapel. They seem to flow better into the landscape and the game's artwork that way. Looks more "at home"  :P

RedKetchup

yeah there alway 1 person that criticized it each time i forget to do it ^^ always too happy it s finished and want to offer it that ... i keep forgetting ^^

Bobbi

Yeah we're always excited to get our hands on it, too, but it is funny, I had just noted that the church has an ever so slightly warped roof and thinking maybe you should do the same so that they fit together and then I saw @Pangaea's comment. Great minds think alike!

rkelly17

The Bannies aren't very good at roof construction or maintenance. All their roofs sag! The barn looks like barns that haven't been used for 20 years. I say let @RedKetchup teach them how a roof ought to be made!  ;D

Seriously, I am looking forward to having this building. I'm assuming that the base of the tower in the front will be finished with a nice bell tower?

A question about "road capable" tiles--the green arrows. Does the whole front have to be lined with them? If not it might be nice to only have them right in front of the tower/front door. Then we could plant some of your Decorative Items trees or place a statue off to the side of the door/tower. I have no idea how that works. I'm assuming that any place that is "inside" the building footprint is precluded from taking another item.

RedKetchup

yeah :( the footprint will prevent to anything being build. ( i should say the createdplace. the footprint is just the 'dark mark' on the ground. or the building print)

RedKetchup

but i never noticed before... the person who made the church footprint is as bad as slink about footprint hahaha
/joking slink ^^

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 12, 2014, 04:05:16 AM
yeah :( the footprint will prevent to anything being build. ( i should say the createdplace. the footprint is just the 'dark mark' on the ground. or the building print)

I was afraid of that. I'd love to see a building where I could plant stuff along the walk. Oh, well.

RedKetchup

i will check what i can put there, what you think there should be in there ? trees ? statues ?  benches ? ....