News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Small Village: Homes v1.3.2 (updated 15 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, February 20, 2017, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 16, 2017, 10:33:47 PM
I will change the flag to just fuel instead of woodfuel in next update.

Don't do that. You have once decided it would be fine with only woodfuel to heat the house.
It is in line with using coal for production.

It is much better if @Bartender changes his thatch to woodfuel. Which it is in real life.
I follow this discussion to see if he changes flags. When Luke releases 1.0.7
I will do a workover on all my mods and make houses use woodfuel.

Discrepancy

updated to v1.3

v1.3  - Major update .. 21May2017 ..          - .pkm = 31,015 KB (30.2 MB)   | .rar = 14,372 KB (14.0 MB)
            - added ambient occlusion to all models
            - added Large Village Townhouse
            - changed capacities, fuel usage of housing
            - altered string texts

kid1293

Fantastic!
This one I really want.

I am just doing my final updates to Rowhouses.
Wanna swap mods?  ;D

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

how do you build so many beautiful building in no time ??
/impressed
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 21, 2017, 12:12:13 PM
how do you build so many beautiful building in no time ??
/impressed

Not quite no time. The first mod Discrepancy ever made was just one of these houses. And then it grew from there.

I do love this series though. Snug little houses.

@Discrepancy I'm wondering if it might have been simpler for the new big fat townhouse to just have one version and have the balcony bit as an add-on. Might be a way for you to approach future building design.

kid1293

Discrepancy

Great screenshot @kid1293 :)

Unfortunately I'm going to have to update the homes again...

While updating the storage mod, I was adjusting the meshes and found why my roofs could never be purely white in this set. I had made all face smooth on the model, this creates the weird glowing look with some of the roofs and also the dark patchy shadows cast on the buildings.
So I now need to go back through all the models and adjust this, flatten all faces then only smooth the roofs. With altered AO the roofs will then be mostly white in winter to match the storage:

sorry for so many updates.

Nilla

I like the roof of from the houses in winter better. I'm not sure, that so much snow will stay on such a steep roof anyway. But it doesn't matter, you are right; houses and stores should look the same and if you prefere the full-white roof; it's OK.

QueryEverything

I'm with @Nilla on this - I like the roof snow of the houses, but - these are yours, and I speed through Winter anyway, so I'll be happy with either :D

I was wondering if perhaps the small houses could have a little addon?  A matching 2x2 extension, or 1x2 extension?
Ideally I'm looking for a small 2x2 house to tuck into a couple of nooks I end up with, where the 2x3 is too deep for what I want, and I know some don't like stand alone houses that small, so perhaps a little addon, a 'sun room' if you will?

The screenshot is just some ideas, I like the look of the middle one, but that could just be me :D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

I think the amount of snow on the roofs should definitely match or it would look strange with houses and storages mixed in together.  I like the full snowy white roofs.  :)

Discrepancy

Updated to v1.3.1

v1.3.1  - Bug fix .. 23May2017 ..          - .pkm = 30,847 KB (30.1 MB)   | .rar = 14,310 KB (13.9 MB)
            - fixes to building models
            - alterations to AO.

visiting The North:

mistikkal

A sweet mod I've played it often along with many others of yours. Will these marry happily with KIDS mods? Now that would make me super happy.

Gatherer

Kid's mods are safe to use with any mod out there.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.