News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Sightseeing In Banished Land

Started by Paeng, November 11, 2014, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necora

Wow that came out pretty darn well. Always a master piece, glad I could offer some tools!

Any suggestions on other pieces that would be useful?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nilla

Wow! But I'm not surprised. I expected something like this from you, as I saw what Necora had figured out!   :D

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

Very impressive looking, great new mod.  :)

Paeng

kid1293

Totally amazing. Jaw-dropping, tear-in-my-eye, where's the camera?

Very beautiful pictures, @Paeng !

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on April 20, 2017, 08:40:55 AMVery beautiful pictures

Thanks!
Yeah, that's right up my alley  :D
After some years now I started finding the Banished landscape rather... lacking features  :P

Getting the turbulences and surface water was already great, but now having a way to get over heights is rally opening things up a lot...

brads3

do i dare how long it took to get used to the icons to build that?or how many times you had to delete and rddo peices?i fiddles with it but haven't used it in a game yet.

QueryEverything

I've added these 2 to my Pinterest board, the top 1 linking back to here and the 2nd linking back to the BL forum post. :)
They are fabulous screenshots!!  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on April 20, 2017, 04:10:48 PMhow long it took to get used to the icons to build that?or how many times you had to delete and rddo peices?

Not so bad really... the hardest were the "sloped" pieces - just find a space with a clear view of things and a suitably graded shoreline...

Then rotate the lots (press "T") to see their direction and push them up and down the grades, you'll see where they vanish below the ground. Repeat that with all the different heights.

Next I used the leveller to prepare a grade from high down to low and filled that with the corresponding slope pieces.

Last were the turbulence pieces... and "dressing the set" with rocks and boulders.

The surface water is easy, compared to that - set a rough outline with the edge and corner pieces first, then fill with the full tiles... remember to rotate those often, so they don't "tile" too much...

Not much delete and repeat involved in all this... but then, I'm an "old hand" at this type of work, that's where I really zen out  ;)

Paeng

embx61

Nice to see all the different market sets in use.

They look all great together in your map and as always you are the screenshot man Paeng. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 23, 2017, 01:45:31 PMThey look all great together

Yeah, they do  :)

I had a bit of a hard time with labor here - I needed 12 vendors (and 6 houses) for this market... almost ruined my family-planning LOL (the town is still small, about 150 pop)  ;)