News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

FIGS, FIGS, I'VE LOST ME FIGS!

Started by adelegarland, June 07, 2017, 10:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelegarland

First I lost my mind, now I've lost my Figs!  Check out the pix attached, Figs are not showing up as anything, they are anonymous, hiding, incognito!
I think there are a few fig files out there and I probably have the wrong one...   I know they are in the EB mods, but where else?  Ideas?
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

embx61

I just checked and I don't see the icon for the fig either in the orchard selection.  :o

I going to look what went wrong. I copied the files from Luke's example but apparently something went wrong.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Found the error.

I went couple of weeks over all my files to remove the EB in front of all the icons and name linking.
I missed the Fig Natural Resource file. It is fixed now and upload a new version of the Unified Mod in a about 10 minutes.

It should be save compatible.

New version just uploaded!

adelegarland

;D   Thank you so much!  I miss my figs!
Now, Can you find my mind? :P
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

embx61

LOL

I lots of times cannot even find my own mind. :)

twilightbreeze

I would love to install the figs, but they don't work with the Longer Living Orchard mod, and I don't want to have to mess with them every 5 seasons. Wish they did. I personally love figs.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

embx61

O, is that a mod what makes the Orchard ever living?

I never thought about adding that to the Unified Mod. I remember when my wife and I played I changed the orchards to ever living as well as to keep track of the orchards was a pain and I don't consider it really cheating.

I can add ever living orchards to the Unified Mod if players like that.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on June 08, 2017, 05:15:13 AM
O, is that a mod what makes the Orchard ever living?

I never thought about adding that to the Unified Mod. I remember when my wife and I played I changed the orchards to ever living as well as to keep track of the orchards was a pain and I don't consider it really cheating.

I can add ever living orchards to the Unified Mod if players like that.

orchards are a pain, you always have them half producing cause half of the trees are too young... and the other half dying soon :P

eternal is good , or at least , double longer health
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

The Longer Living Orchard mod lets them go 15-20 years before starting to die and need replacing. Which is nice because you plant, they tend and harvest every year, and you can get on with other things, not having to constantly keep an eye on the time. But it only works with vanilla game orchard seeds, so mods like figs are not affected.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

this is because this is not the orchard  that changed, this is each treee. each tree files has been edited and changed a couple of numbers (about life time)
in order to change the CC ones, we also need all their files.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I thinking about it to change all the orchards trees to ever living in the Unified Mod.
I personally don't see it really as a cheat as 5 years for a tree to die is just plain wrong.

No clue why Luke came up with that but my guess is that is was just a sort of cheap idea to add some more challenge to the game.

What do you players think? Should I make the orchards trees ever living, or at least 2 or 5 times longer living or just leave the vanilla values?

Nilla

5 years for a tree to live is much too short but I don't like immortal trees either. So I would prefere a longer life span. How much longer? In life trees could be very old, but I also think it's very much different, depending on what tree it is. Some orchard trees are renewed after 10-20 years others live and carry fruit 100s of years. But this isn't life, it's a computergame and we seldom play a game "for ever". If we have to replant our orchards after 10-20 years, it's fine with me.

Abandoned

There is a Longer Living Orchard mod, 20 years.

edit mod is by Pangaea and can be found on BanishedInfo site

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 10, 2017, 01:31:33 AMWhat do you players think?

Well, I hate those frazzled orchards... and it's not really much of a challenge to sit around waiting for them to regrow  ???
So I use "Immortal Orchards" without any guilt...  :P

To satisfy everyone - I would not add it as a universal feature in a mod... keep it standalone, maybe in 2 or 3 flavors - one with dead trees after 20 years, one after 100 years, one immortal... or so   :D

* That way it's also easier to update, which I think need to be done whenever someone brings in new trees...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

yeah, good idea @Paeng. I can make a couple of overrides what the players can put above the Unified Mod and then in three flavors