News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Meats at my Trading Post seem to disappear at Resource Merchants?!

Started by smurphys7, January 12, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurphys7

Meats at my Trading Post disappear when the Resource Merchant arrives and goods are auto purchased.  They are NOT spent on the arriving goods.  I am using no mods.

Streamable video Example

Details:

* Trading Posts Stocked with ~5,000 Venison, Mutton or Beef and 1,000 Firewood. 
* Trading Posts are set to purchase 9,000 logs, and sometimes Food, Stone and Iron.
* Resource Merchants are set to Orders on Logs, and sometimes Iron and Stone.
* General Goods set to Logs, and Food.

The Trading Posts behave as expected when General Goods or Food Merchants arrive.  The appropriate amount of goods are purchased and the appropriate amount of goods are removed from my Trading Posts.

The Trading Posts do NOT behave as expected solely with Resource Merchants.

Google Drive of Save Game

This save is paused right before two traders arrive.  It may take you several loads to get a Resource Merchant.  The behavior exists as described every time at these two, and other, Trading Posts.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

euh... i loaded your save...

i didnt saw a bug though ! (i saw something)
you've set auto purchase and when boats arrive they buy things with it !!
and it pays with your meat.

but looking closely... the amounts are off and wrong.

on this screenshot, 1 merchant takes 1400 beef which should value at 4200... and he is buying 3000 food at 1 value each : so got ripped off.
the other merchant is taking 5000 venison and 500 firewood which worth 17000 total and buy 1000 logs which value 2000 : got ripped off there too

EDIT: oops i forgot to take the screenshot

:S

should send the save game to support@shiningrocksoftware.com

smurphys7

I think the issue was my barns were all full.  I made room by making like 50 barns, reducing autopurchasing, breeding more people, and turning off food production.

Try this save game.  You might want to turn on some autopurchase of food just to see if that changes anything there.  It seems to work with this save game.

I didn't watch the amounts to make sure I got the right stuff each time.  I will watch more carefully.

RedKetchup

i edited my previous post because i forgot to take the screenshot and include it...

meanwhile since your game is on pause, i tried to take off the auto purching before they arrive and when it is OFF , the food stay there and lose nothing.

there is definitely something bugging with auto purchase like if the game doesnt give you the right value for your money.
like i said, should send the save to Luke and ask him to check closely.

you are in 1.0.7 build 170608 ?

smurphys7

Version 1.07 Build 170910 -- Steam Version.  I try to make sure those saves are paused to more easily give a change to mess with things.

I want to do some more testing.  The issue does not seem to always exist.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on January 12, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

I want to do some more testing.  The issue does not seem to always exist.

bah ya , depending which merchant arrives... if it is a seeder.... maybe you buy nothing

smurphys7

The saves are immediately before boats arrive so you can re-load and test and see how all the different types of boats function.  It is random which boat arrives.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on January 12, 2018, 03:12:46 PM
The saves are immediately before boats arrive so you can re-load and test and see how all the different types of boats function.  It is random which boat arrives.

send it :)
and also by sending it, and have him to fix it....
maybe we can get some goodies coming with the new build / fix  ^^

smurphys7

You can send the saves.  I want to play the town right now so I am testing to see if I can play around it :)

My testing seems to show that it functions as expected when the Barns are not full.  Seems like he was just trying to make room for me :P

Food merchant -- Purchases as expected.  Appropriate amount of meat removed.

General Goods -- As expected.  Appropriate amount of meat and firewood removed.

Resource Merchant -- As expected.  Firewood used to Purchase Logs.  Meat remains.

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 12, 2018, 03:24:37 PM
Quote from: smurphys7 on January 12, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

send it :)
and also by sending it, and have him to fix it....
maybe we can get some goodies coming with the new build / fix  ^^

Ya, send it and while you have his ear see if you can get a third level of clothing, more detailed control of auto trading (like priority for outgoing goods like incoming), animated buildings, and 20 more limits. :D. Diagonal building and road orientation would be cool too, but let's not overload him at once. :P
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

smurphys7

Please, when I have his ear I will be asking for the things I want in Banished.  They aren't what you listed :)

I have done more testing.  The issue has popped up while I have space in Barns.  I am making another save now then I will see if I can figure out anything else to try.

I don't get it now... sometimes it does it... sometimes not.

and it is changing with the conditions of my town.  I have saves where it will work every time.  I have saves where it will fail every time.  It doesn't change on a specific save.  Something I have done changes the behavior.

Maldrick

Quote from: smurphys7 on January 12, 2018, 04:00:45 PM
Please, when I have his ear I will be asking for the things I want in Banished.  They aren't what you listed :)

I'm sure you will win him over with tact and charm. :D. Be sure to send a video, of course.  Let us know how it goes. :P
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

smurphys7

Please test this one with me

I paused immediately before one boat arrives.  On that boat, when it arrives, my meat disappears.

Shortly after another boat will come.  It goes to the Trading Post just to the southeast of this first one.  That Trader and that Trading Post seem to work as expected.  It may take multiple loads of the game to see this behavior.

The 6 Trading Posts around the lake have all the meats.  Two each have Mutton, Venison and Beef.  You can wait for more boats and do more boats.

I don't get it.  I don't see it works for some and not for others.  I have changed numbers of amount stored and purchasing amounts etc.