Main Menu

Second 3D Model - Colonial Post

Started by c_jayy93, July 04, 2017, 02:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_jayy93

Anyone fancy a trip to the towne postal office? *see attachments*

RedKetchup

hehe nice :)

so how it goes to put your work in the game ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

c_jayy93

One step at a time. Maybe in a month when I have a line of colonial structures, I'll want to begin step two.  ;D

embx61

I understand

But the coding while not really that difficult in itself if just starting with a simple house can be confusing in the beginning.

It would be sad if you have 10 buildings made in Sketchup and then run into problems with importing them in Blender, change a bit here and there, texturing, dummies and points, export to FBX and do the coding and maybe quit out of frustration because it will become overwhelming and all at once.

It is up to you of course but I will suggest to take a look at Blender at least and try to import one of your Sketchup buildings in Blender and find your way a bit around in that program.
Then start also looking at Luke's code in the resources folder in the toolkit to see how stuff is set up.

Housing is luckily one of the easiest to code :)
But if things go wrong, and they will, you can start asking questions and not all what goes wrong will come at the same time.
That is the reason most modders not make it through. They start all well but then run into problems, lack of knowledge about the Mod Kit, and quit out of frustration. (I been there and quitted to for a while)
You also share the workload this way so it not become a bore.

I did in the very beginning just made a box. Nothing else, just a box and loaded that in the game so I knew the code was working if that box showed up. :)

I still do this sometimes, just some boxes and cylinders lumped together in 1 mesh so I can look at the scale of things in the game.

You will run into funny stuff as well. I made a raw Material mesh what Bannies pick up and carry around. When I loaded it in the game it worked but was HUGE.
It was about 10 times as big as a barn and still that Bannie picked it up and carried it around. :)

Forgot to scale it down in Max. LOL

You do some in sketchup, do some with blender, do some with the coding and your brain will keep sane too :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]