News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Audoboistow - RKEC1.31 first impressions

Started by irrelevant, July 02, 2019, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

why do you put a thatcher with a forester ? they will pass their time to replace what they planted together.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup The foresters aren't planting, only cutting. Those two areas will eventually be my new fodder fields to replace the ones by the river. The fodder farmers are spending half of their time planting, so they need some help with clearing out the rocks and trees.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 18, 2019, 03:07:14 AM
@RedKetchup The foresters aren't planting, only cutting. Those two areas will eventually be my new fodder fields to replace the ones by the river. The fodder farmers are spending half of their time planting, so they need some help with clearing out the rocks and trees.

oh ok. i usually manually clean the ground myself instead to make foresters cut ^^

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 18, 2019, 07:07:22 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on July 18, 2019, 03:07:14 AM

oh ok. i usually manually clean the ground myself instead to make foresters cut ^^

I manually clear the area for the fodder farmer before placing him too. For myself, it's a faster way to get that fodder thatch going. I also clear ahead for any fruit plantations so they can start going faster. Maybe it's because I just want results faster lol.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup & @moonbelf I'm not in any hurry. I'm just noodling along, having fun exploring this great modset!

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 18, 2019, 08:57:49 AM
having fun exploring this great modset!

very nice to hear :) sorry if it makes it harder... got a lot of complains when i did it so i reverted back.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 18, 2019, 11:28:43 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on July 18, 2019, 08:57:49 AM
having fun exploring this great modset!
very nice to hear :) sorry if it makes it harder... got a lot of complains when i did it so i reverted back.
Complaints about what?  :o I've seen nothing so far that I think makes anything harder....

irrelevant

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 18, 2019, 12:22:44 PM

Complaints about what?  :o I've seen nothing so far that I think makes anything harder....

sorry i see some words / typos missing....

i meant, i made it harder at early version but people found it too hard / or were depressing about you get less food around ^^
so i reverted back to normal.

irrelevant

Well, there certainly is no shortage of anything. Normally I would find such bounty boring, but this mod has so much more going on than just surviving.

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on July 19, 2019, 06:00:33 AM
Well, there certainly is no shortage of anything. Normally I would find such bounty boring, but this mod has so much more going on than just surviving.
Didn´t I say something like that?  ;)

One question @irrelevant. Do you have any problems with the distribution of water and fertilizer to your greenhouses? What is your strategy for this?

irrelevant

@Nilla I believe that you did say that  ;)

Yes I certainly did have that issue with my greenhouses at first, but I think I have that sorted out finally. I have a stable with two workers for each greenhouse group. I have three water towers, one central and one on either edge. I keep an eye on the water inventory, and occasionally I increase or decrease the number or watertower workers as needed. It's been a few years since I had any greenhouses run out of inputs.

I should probably check how much fertilizer I have lying around  ;)

brads3

you can use KIDs dung pile to store the fertilizer like a wharehouse. i do that before i have materials to build the greenhouses. keeps the fertilizer in 1 location and out of the workpiles. then after the greenhouses are built, you send the fertiizer from the dung pile back to them.

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on July 19, 2019, 08:06:02 AM
you can use KIDs dung pile to store the fertilizer like a wharehouse. i do that before i have materials to build the greenhouses. keeps the fertilizer in 1 location and out of the workpiles. then after the greenhouses are built, you send the fertiizer from the dung pile back to them.
Yeah, maybe next time. Not going to ever add any new mods to an existing game in progress; I've had very bad experience with that! ;)

Nilla

Generally, there´s no problem to add more mods to existing games. I do it often. You must only kind of "know what you are doing". But I wouldn´t add anything to an RKEd game. The mod already has so much that there's no need for it and I also think Red has a "concept" for his big mod and at least I want to "feel" that concept the first time I try such a mod.