News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

@Necora Thanks for the update.  Sounds really cool and look forward to seeing what you do with it.

As it happens, just got back from a break myself and having never played with it, I've been screwing around with the full Maritimes set that's been posted so far over the past week or so.  Still getting my bearings, but really enjoy your work.  Lots of unique and interesting production and love the look of it all.  Just wanted to say thanks.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

WB,NILLLA. i am surprised it would even load to try and play if you had done that. it should have ignored the 1.07 mod completely and you would be playing a 1.06 game.how have you been?

montaiy

Hi I just found your sets and absolutely love them! I have been playing banished since it first came out and use CC so it's so wonderful to find mods that I think are comparable and don't conflict. They are just adorable in terms of the mods and love the new production chains and the dory fishing. Did I miss an update somewhere for the specific trading docks or are they coming in a new update? I was just thinking it would be lovely if you had those as I am using another older set that doesn't recognize your new materials and then I found this looking for some trade items to see if I could make them. I found out by accident your blacksmith made bough tools this way. I am so used to using another bs I had never made the building.  Is there a use for yarn or turpentine I have missed? Also is the soap that is showing up at the traders yours as well?

Thank you so much for the time you put into your mods!

jone1488

First off I would like to say your mods are great.  I have really enjoyed playing them.

I really like the combined mod the new pine flora were you combined yours and Tanypredator's starting conditions.

Is it possible to go one step further and add some wild ducks and reeds to it.  My duck hunter are currently unemployed and causing mayhem in my towns.  I tried to talk them into getting a new job but won't listening to me.  So figured I'd ask some ducks.

Again thanks for the great mods.

adelegarland

I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

donwolfkonecny

Hi I don't know why this thread got abandoned, there was lots happening here and sounds as though more to come. Is Necora still modding?
I'm a returning player and trying to catch up.
I'll say I love the idea of the game not being "flat" which is essentially what the vanilla is where you only get two houses. I love there being a cheap inefficient house I can build cheaply and quickly and get people indoors, and then a series of increasingly better houses that cost more and require advanced materials, take probably more space etc. I'm currently accomplishing that by using multiple mods.
The same for production stuff. I get the feeling, though, that an advanced building should have a diminishing return. Otherwise what happens is the first years is very difficult, then once you get one of every building built, your game is pretty much over after a few years, and you just keep building more of the same, which is when I quit after the first few years because it becomes easy and monotonous. But maybe somehow you HAVE to build more advanced to keep growing, but they offer slim margins of profit, which is true in reality.
I'd also like to see something change about the game as you grow, but perhaps it's not possible via modding. For example, North has a limited amount of gold. So it makes the first years a little easier (once you get a trading post) but this OP good runs out.
Maybe to build the advanced buildings there are materials that cannot be manufactured? Aluminum?
I personally think salt should not be buildable, but salt products very productive or valuable. Some reason you have to trade in large quantity. Currently I generate a lot of food but cannot trade for anything - except other food, why would i do that? Once I can produce all four groups I do not need to trade for food. Perhaps there is always a food group missing from a map? I HAVE to trade my grain for protein??? Or maybe some spice such as salt that is required for any advanced food, and always has to be imported. Cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper.

Anyway, some questions specific to Pine Set. Is there a way the Collect Wild Foods can collect the Pine stuff that spawns in vanilla forests. Because right now it is taking space of vanilla food, but can't be collected, without building buildings to collect and I don't want to have them everywhere, I prefer to collect manually.

Also, your eggs are not recognized as eggs by RKs bakery. I have tons of them, but they are unuseable. I'm trying to bake but there is no way to use these "eggs". Can they be made useable by RKs bakery please?

RedKetchup

it can be set, but the main problem is to get those files because i have no idea of which eggs you are talking. not sure why there is another kind of eggs :S
because i did some nest spawns that give eggs and those are gathered by my gatherers.....

Necora is no longer around for the time being. will comeback one day ? i dunno.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

donwolfkonecny

I took a screenshot but it's very hard to see. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025509897/screenshots/
I tried using "Snipping Tool" part of windows, but it won't take a snipping from Banished, even with a delay, it flips back to windows.
Anyway, there are two types of eggs. Spelled the same, and same icon, though they look slightly different on the map. One can be used for baking, one cannot.

RedKetchup

never saw those eggs before. i think or this is a bad planning or i am not catching why the reason of a 2nd egg resource. The game has eggs , why making another egg resource ?

RedKetchup

do you put pine set first in the list ? or RKEC ?

RedKetchup

i see Necora made a typo error in his egg file. at some point, in the names inside, he did put an "s" at "eggs" while the vanila eggs dont have an "s" in "egg"
it generate a double egg resource.

maybe try this patch at top. in future maps it will prevent, i think, to get double eggs. i dont think it can make your double eggs disappear inside a save game. it can even make it crash ?? dunno.

try and gimme news

donwolfkonecny

Great thanks so much I'll try it next game!

brads3

there are a few of these typo differences with Necora's mods.they have always been that way ,even with CC. the charcoal was different. it is needed for the maple sap boier. you can get several double tags in the inventory. maple sap,charcoal,eggs,and flax. there may be others depending on mod order. some items might or might not work back and forth between all mods. it will take testing them. there are many different items that Necora's mods can produce. some of the items are needed in processing.

1 has to be careful. if an item is "fixed" to work 1 way will it still work the other way? example say charcoa works with an RK building. will that charcoal still work for the sap boiler or other pine mod buildings?  can tell you that the sap from CC will not process via the pine mod boiler nor will the PM sap be used vy a CC sap house.

the easiest way is to keep things the same. whatever mod made the product use it to process the item.if you use KID's breakfast mod, then that mod produces the syrup and other items.using sap from any other mod might or might not work. that is just 1  example.

there is soo much writing to the codes. 1 word or a different sentence can make the whole mod work different. we are lucky there aren't more conflicts.the modders work hard to prevent them but they are human.the coding for mods is such a tedious project.it was quite amazing to see how fast they coded mods from the 1.06 to the 1.07 upgrade.