News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello

just let you know i am back to modding lately.
and the first thing i want to do is put all my best items in 1 single mod because i think there is alot of big mess all around my mods. also i noticed, nobody is using all my best items anymore :P
so i want to do a package but not like a RK Megamod :P i really dont want to add everything, only what i personally love.

and i ll do it so poeple get the look i want by default. and if people really dont like it, they will have to delete it and go mess around with the different parts/mods i did in the past. ^^

i am replacing the vanilla barn with my own look of vanilla barn i did at some point. So you go in vanilla barn icon and click on it, it will be my "look" and my model and textures.
will be same for the vanilla WoodHouses and vanilla StoneHouses. The woodhouse models will be my OldWood Little house models, and the stonehouse models will be the OldChurch Stones little house models. So both will have my models and textures by default.

i will redo a new hostel to fit the textures i use for the wood/stone houses.

the ground will have the peak's valley textures by default. and i will be add the Peak's Valley and Peak's Plain as a start condition for different RNG kind of maps.
the iron to be harvested will be iron ore and will need to be processed, there will be copper too, both with my own textures. Lumber will be part of it too.

Of course my Forest Center Mod will be included and part of the mechanic of the game. So my own gatherer/herbalist/Forester/Woodcutter/HunterLodge mesh will replace the vanilla ones along with my lumbermill and forest barn. (the stand along models will be the default, and my forest center setup of districts will be also available as complement, inside the mod.)
There is a new center also focussing on mining is included (Mining, StoneCutting, Foundry, Blacksmith, Specialized stockpile for it, and 1 more i forgot the name.) They are like the Forest Center models, the stand alones will be the default, and the Mining Center setup of districts will be also available as complement inside the mod. Districts of course are more productive.

There is be another Center to design around the clay/brick/sand/glass technologies.

i will add also the fodder chain mod expanding it a bit to get pigments from flowers to make paints.
Lumber, brick, glass, paints... will be needed for the multi lvl housing and advanced buildings like hospitals/townhalls/others for example.

it will probably a bit harder to play with that setup cause it will ask more processing... but will be more fun :) specially on hard mode ^^

as soon you will enable the mod, you will see directly the changes while in the starting menu. the demo when you start the game will reflect the changes :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

as about the compatibility with other mods:

it will mainly compatible with most mods, of course, mods that add starting conditions will a partial compatibility cause only the first one on top of the list will trigger the starting condition... like CC :)
i am not sure about the North though since it doesnt work well with CC ... i am scared that it will have same problem......

but mostly everything you will add should work. it is same about my own mods.

brads3

that sounds like a huge project. what mods aren't we using??? i know many players went to short games since the 1.07 change while you all were doing upgrades to the mods. i know i am hoping for more modular mods from the CC team. i held off loading the NMT parts until it was finished since the 2.04 NMT works fine now.
      when you replace the vanilla barns and houses,do you still plan to use the thatch from the nat div mod? the way it works now is with the nat div enabled, you need thatch for the vanilla wood houses,barns,and pastures. if the mod was placed below CC or the NORTH ,would the ground textures overide the mods above it?

brads3

yes,you are right,RED. the NORTH will have issues with iron ore against iron bloom. i think that is the biggest issue of CC and the NORTH together.

galensgranny

Sounds interesting.  It would be good to have all those production chains after having played the regular mostly vanilla game for a long time, to give a new challenge.

I am glad you are back to modding!  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 19, 2017, 07:07:46 PM
yes,you are right,RED. the NORTH will have issues with iron ore against iron bloom. i think that is the biggest issue of CC and the NORTH together.

yeah Tom needs to switch over ore from bloom (make that concession ?? english??) to make North compatible with everything else ^^

bah the big "modular" versions will be still available and compatible.... maybe in the package they wont be as full as they are in the parts (like all the models/textures of housing??) TBD status^^

i think even if you start a CC starting condition will my textures be still loaded. i will need to test. Of course if you choose Desert map from CC .... it will be a desert map.
i am not planing to use NatDiv thatch because it am not the moddler of those, and i dont have any of his files to include. the new vanilla barn/buildings arent in thatched and have my textures.

although in this like video you dont see the peak's valley texture... you can see by default, the buildings are from me.
also in this video, i wanted you to see the "demo" cities of the game, which start as you start the game in the menu, the demos that turn to left to right to left to right.... you can see it already started to change and being replaced by my own textures/models :) (at 0:10 sec and at the end)

https://youtu.be/J85JoreXsY8 sorry if the picture isnt really good... kinda noob of the settings we should get when we plan to upload to youtube :S

RedKetchup

i cannot say it is really a new big project... cause 80% is already done. just need to pack everything together in the same, unique, folder ^^
of course there are some building i need to do ... but mostly are already done. i am already playing with it since 2-3-4 months.

it is called : RK Editor Choice Edition ^^

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 19, 2017, 07:05:20 PM
that sounds like a huge project. what mods aren't we using??? i know many players went to short games since the 1.07 change while you all were doing upgrades to the mods. i know i am hoping for more modular mods from the CC team. i held off loading the NMT parts until it was finished since the 2.04 NMT works fine now.

i know you do. Note that not many people are blogging anymore :(

there is you, Brad and there is Abandonned and Irrelevant. i wish there are more people  :'(
but i dont see anything with Peak's valley "look" or "feel" :S

galensgranny

I watched the video short preview.  Looks good!  Your little houses are my usual first few houses, so I am glad to see they are yours too in your new project.  (Love those porches.) I really liked how the wooden walled little house upgraded to a stone walled version of the same building shape.  I am fond of that barn as well. 

I hope to see a white bench as one of the building things left to do.  ;)

RedKetchup

yeah i need to do the white benches too at some point ^^

(i also love those little houses, i think i made them very very well)

galensgranny

Yes indeed, you did make those little houses very well!  They are a very good size.  They can be the largest, more wealthy homes in the neighborhood compared to some smaller scaled homes, or they can be the modest, smaller sized homes but still fit in general scale to some larger homes, such as your three story homes.  Having the various F key variants for different walls makes them even better.

Tom Sawyer

That iron issue must be fake news.^^ Both CC and North have iron ore. They are incompatible by hundreds of changes made to create different scenarios from starting conditions to landscape, climate, wildlife, resource management, trading and user interface but actually not because of ore.

Will be great to see a new main mod by Red. Don't try to stay compatible with other main mods. It only restricts you. If people want to add some of your buildings to a nordic map they can use separated versions which have no conflicts or are even adapted to work this way.

pappa

Very nice Red i always use your mods to start my new game. Looking forward to RK Editors Choice Mod.
:)

brads3

RED,when you add the fodder mod to this,you might consider changing some flags. since water isn't useful as food it could be changed. perfume could be switched to crafter and flowers to material. this would use the limit flags to separate them from the fodder and fertilizer which the greenhouses use.not saying remake the mod itself but it might be helpful in future updates. if markets are set to not store the misc tag,then they won't store fertilizer with food. once the flowers or fodder hit the limit ,it stops the stables from producing and that stops the greenhouses. just brainstorming ways to use the new flags to give more control.

RedKetchup

switching perfum and flowers of flag can be done, not sure about water though. nobody on the planet can live without water and always been a illogical deficience in games. anyways there will be another 2 material that will appear with the flower chain : pigments and paints.