Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 02, 2018, 04:45:54 PM
100 was too fast?

it was since some time i wanted to start a new thread.... i think thats the perfect time.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

schueler

Very well done!

Just maybe a greater variety of the wooden textures for the default houses/workplaces/barns might be nice.
The dark grey weathered wood, despite being realistic, makes the town look a little bit too sad. :)
And maybe grey stones, too.

Other than that, great work!

brads3

RED, did you set it the A&E to not allow nomads??? i have tried for days.thought i had a mod conflict,moved mods around.tried over and over.finally disabled the North,so i could use the DEbug. and narrowed it down. i get no nomads when using the A&E start. got nomads quick running medium start.

RedKetchup

oh maybe i didnt specifically put a minimum of 0 citizens... and did let as it was in vanilla with a min of 8!

lets see...

ImmigrationDescription immigration
{
   ComponentDescription _nomad = "Template/Nomad.rsc";

int _requiredPopulation = 8;
   ComponentDescription _requiredStructures
   [
      "Template/TradingPost.rsc"
   ]

yup as it was in vanilla.... but without the market requirement.

brads3

is thart what it is? i need 8 citizens before i get nomads? even with the mini TH or KID's well?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 06, 2018, 01:26:32 PM
is thart what it is? i need 8 citizens before i get nomads? even with the mini TH or KID's well?

for the town hall.

the mini th and kid have maybe been specifically made to trigger at 0 pop !
each building control its own nomads, nomads arent cross the board rule, every building control it.

i ve put 0 at my townhall... but you will only get it at 1.1 or 2.0 :)

brads3

ok,so the mod is updated? the mini nor KID's nomad well would get any under A&E with the RK.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 06, 2018, 01:44:10 PM
ok,so the mod is updated? the mini nor KID's nomad well would get any under A&E with the RK.

yup you can put those wherever in the list order :) they will work as intended :)

brads3

thank you.i will load and try tomorrow. i want to try adding TOM's happiness addon above the RK. it doesn't look to be doing much as i have the RK above the NORTH.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 06, 2018, 04:05:29 PM
thank you.i will load and try tomorrow. i want to try adding TOM's happiness addon above the RK. it doesn't look to be doing much as i have the RK above the NORTH.

doesnt Tom's North still delete my icons and hide my buildings ?

brads3

NO sir.i am using the old CC NF version. did it so the fort parts would work. in the process since the CC has its own toolbars.it fixed that.now the main buildings load via the CC toolbar but are RK textured.and the NORTH buildings load also. the North buildings aren't lableled when you scroll over their icons or their menus after building them.

i cleaned the registry before the next map. my hope was to stop the CC from loading so much and get the North to load its climate and the happiness changes TOM made. i can't load the north above the RK cause i will get the darker terrain of the RK.it is a give and take. way i have the mod order set,i can play with A&E and get your animals and terrain starts. with KID's well, nomads would be every year to increase the population.

RedKetchup

oh ok. i asked because i remember when tested like few month ago, i couldnt get the vanilla button ON (tom was hiding them) so since i am replacing all vanilla... vanilla missing was equivalent to my building missing.