News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Awesome, thank you.  Will load it up now. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Hawk

I'll download it as soon as I finish this post, but I did load up the previous version and what I've seen so far looks great. Looking forward to playing the new beta.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 06:32:26 AM
Next thing to do : add windmills/watermills to grind grains and make flour ^^

Pretty sure Old Bakery has a windmill, for @Hawk or anyone else testing.  Just loaded it, myself.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

The Pilgrim

Red, if you are adding a watermill for grain, would you please do one for lumber, if you hadn't already. Watermills were far more commonly used as sawmills than windmills.

RedKetchup

Quote from: The Pilgrim on January 13, 2018, 08:50:48 AM
Red, if you are adding a watermill for grain, would you please do one for lumber, if you hadn't already. Watermills were far more commonly used as sawmills than windmills.

ok :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Well, I'm 5 years into a map and so far, so good. I've not run into any problems. But then again, I haven't built much. I'm playing like I normally play. Kind'a slow. LOL!

I'm sort of undecided about the music. I like it, but I like the original too. The original music sounds a bit more destitute, like it's a tough beginning, but the music you added is a bit more lively; more medieval.

I've built the following so far:

Blacksmith
Blueberry Orchard
Broccoli Field
Fishing Dock
Forester Lodge
Gatherers Hut
Hunting Cabins (2)
Lumbermill
School
Tailor
Wood Cutter

The only other mod I have installed is GimmieCat's Flatten Terrain mod.

I do have a couple of questions. What do we do with flowers? Are they just for trading or have I not built something yet that uses them. Same with thatch, but I think I remember reading that there is a purpose for thatch but I just don't remember what that was.
Edit 1: I see now that you use flowers to make perfume.

Also, as for copper tools; wouldn't they be less dependable than stone? Copper is a pretty soft metal. Going by the order of tools in the selection list for the Blacksmith (screenshot #1 below), it gives the impression that copper tools are better than stone tools.
I can see the copper alloy tools being a bit better than regular iron.

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

I do have a couple of questions. What do we do with flowers? Are they just for trading or have I not built something yet that uses them. Same with thatch, but I think I remember reading that there is a purpose for thatch but I just don't remember what that was.

For the flowers you can build a parfumery. but also you need a water well (not the simple vanilla well, but the water well to get the edible water). with both you can make perfume which is a very nice selling items. Note: to be able to build the parfumery you need lumbers and glassware.
the water well needs lumber and stones.

with the thatch, you can heat homes as a firewood power, and you can build the stables. In the stables, you feed horses with thatch-fodder and water and you will get some fertilizer.
with fertilizer and water, you can get very nice food from Greenhouses all year long. Keep in mind, you need alot of glass to build the greenhouses.
with a stable you should be able to sustain 5-6 greenhouses

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 09:33:36 AM

Also, as for copper tools; wouldn't they be less dependable than stone? Copper is a pretty soft metal. Going by the order of tools in the selection list for the Blacksmith (screenshot #1 below), it gives the impression that copper tools are better than stone tools.
I can see the copper alloy tools being a bit better than regular iron.

copper is a very rare metal spawn, you will get alot less of copper ore on the map to compare iron ore. note you can also build the mine in order to get copper ore.
if you craft copper tool, they are a bit less good than the iron tools. but if you make the copper alloy iron tool, they are better. they are not the steel tool (with coal) but just a bit less good of those.

iron tools durability = 100, the steel = 200 , the copper alloy are 180. they are a very nice alternative to steel tools which takes 2 coal.

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 13, 2018, 06:25:40 AM
tried to get rid of moiré inside the Sand Pit : failed lol
For me, that moiré is only seen with shadows on, if that helps any.
With shadows set to low and none I don't see it.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

usually, moiré comes alive in this game where there is another surface within 0,1' just under....

but this has none. nothing on the side , nothing under. and the real ground is a full tile below.... i dont know, maybe the game doesnt like planes without a bottom.
in next days i ll try to make a box instead to see if there is a change.

i personally play with shadows at max lol

Hawk

With my old antiquated rig I have to play with shadows off.  :( If I turn shadows on it's like a slideshow for me.
I have 8 GB of RAM but my processor is only 2.4 GHz and my vid card is an old GeForce GT 240 with 512 MB VRAM.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Hawk

Would the Forester gather more logs if they didn't have to gather flowers and fodder-thatch?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 13, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
Would the Forester gather more logs if they didn't have to gather flowers and fodder-thatch?

the job of the forester is plant and harvest trees. but when he plants, at the exact same tile it has something there, he needs to harvest what is there so he can plant his tree.
his job isnt gather flowers or fodder-thatch but if he need to clear the tile so we can have a tree, he needs to do it.

since now you also have flowers / thatch / copper on the ground  .... for sure you see him clear a flower/thatch and thats normal. but he is not there for that

Hawk

I've played this first map for 15 years now and have built almost everything there is to build, with the exception of the Florist, which I didn't see a need to build since the Foresters gather more flowers than logs. I've got more flowers than I know what to do with, and I'm making perfume to trade in the Trading Post.
I also didn't build the Bakery, since there's no way to make flour without adding a separate mod.

I've not noticed any problems with anything. I did have to turn my graphic settings down a bit more than usual (no shadows, but I normally run with no shadows anyway). This mod put a bit of a hurt on my poor old antiquated rig. LOL! I think it's all the flowers and grass.

Everything looks good and seems to play well. I like it.
I've only tried the one Terrain Type and Size so far. I do want to look at the others though, but right now I've got to get a bite to eat and take a nap.  :)

Edit 1: OK! You were posting st the same time as me. I guess once the Forester gets all the flowers and thatch out of the way it won't grow back, so they can then spend their time gathering logs and planting trees?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

so you liked it ? will you continue to play  with this mod ? does it worth it ?