Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

How are you going to flood that orchard to harvest them?  :D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 05, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

there is 2 kind of cranberries plants
one is near ther ground and they harvest it with water and big machines, and there is one that are high and look more like trees or bushes. i did that one.

http://macphailwoods.org/wp-content/gallery/highbush-cranberry/highbush-cranberry.jpg

elemental

Water cranberries would be interesting but it would have to be something like the CC rice grower and not a true crop, just a production building. Then you have the problem of it producing all year round.

Your cranberry bush fits in with all the other crops and trees much better.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2018, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 05, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

there is 2 kind of cranberries plants
one is near ther ground and they harvest it with water and big machines, and there is one that are high and look more like trees or bushes. i did that one.

http://macphailwoods.org/wp-content/gallery/highbush-cranberry/highbush-cranberry.jpg

I was not aware of that. I was just having fun in my previous post though, but thanks for that information.  :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

RedKetchup

do you guys prefer the traditional low cranberry bushes ?

elemental

It doesn't worry me either way. I didn't know there were big ones until you made yours. I think a big cranberry pond would be interesting because there would be nothing else like it (and with moving transparent water it would look really great), but the bushes that you have made fit into the game better.

I just posted that video out of interest.  :)

RedKetchup

the thing with the water, the crop need to grow dry all summer, it is not watered until the time to harvest it

RedKetchup

also there is a problem with setup a plane of transparent water over the ground. it is the same problem that i met with setting a wood grid for grapes : the game turn the meshes around in an attempt to make each trees look different, and we cannot stop it to doing this. if i setup a 1x1 square of a water plane, the game will turn it into a lozenge. the only thing i can maybe do is a circle plane of water, but, or it wont cover all, or will too big and will overlap and go far outside the crop corners.

kid1293

I was actually thinking of this for a rice field.
Now I know there are problems

RedKetchup

Quote from: kid1293 on January 06, 2018, 03:08:17 PM
I was actually thinking of this for a rice field.
Now I know there are problems

keep in mind, it can be not that bad at all, you(we) need to try. maybe the exceeding water wont be too much apparent.

i did too thought that about rice but the project i've got in my mind was plants but also a bit of ground in center going abit up (maybe +0,1' high) and have a water plane at +0,06' which would make the water appear only between mini mount ground(at the base of the plants)... but i didnt tried it yet.

RedKetchup

i did a changed about my cranberry bushes, i lowered it alot to the ground and deleted everything that gone below the ground which made me save 30% of polygons. (from 1000 to 700)
even if they still cranberry "high bushes" they look again alot better :)

on the screenshot, i cant stop to stare at my flowers ^^ i cant believe they are looking so good :D

Maldrick

Looks great, RK.  Fruit from a crop field will be a nice variation.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 06, 2018, 02:41:43 PM
the thing with the water, the crop need to grow dry all summer, it is not watered until the time to harvest it

You could invent a new type of cranberry that grows underwater all year round. The game isn't 100% realistic. We already have tropical fruits growing in the snow, so permanently underwater cranberries isn't a huge stretch of the imagination. The only reason to do it though is because it would look great. Same with a rice paddy.

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 06, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
also there is a problem with setup a plane of transparent water over the ground. it is the same problem that i met with setting a wood grid for grapes : the game turn the meshes around in an attempt to make each trees look different, and we cannot stop it to doing this. if i setup a 1x1 square of a water plane, the game will turn it into a lozenge. the only thing i can maybe do is a circle plane of water, but, or it wont cover all, or will too big and will overlap and go far outside the crop corners.

I wouldn't make it a crop as such, because yes... lots of problems as you mentioned. A large building that looks like a flooded field would be easier. Sort of like your pond. But again, you have the problem of year-round production. Not realistic but some people don't care too much about details like that.