News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 22, 2018, 07:29:58 PM
oh about the florist... maybe it has a way too much radius to work in... maybe he pass his time to walk the entire map to go to the other side pick up one, and then walk again for months to pickup another one :S

That may be. The Florist has a huge working radius.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 22, 2018, 07:48:29 PM
i just checked, there is an herbalist function inside the florist but it has no "healer" function, so they cannot go there with their herb to get an half of heart back

herbalist has that function but not the florist:
HealerDescription healer { }

or their diet is very good... or something else

and flowers arent herbs they are custom7

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Custom7;

It's not the Florist that picking the herbs. It's the laborers that pick herbs when you select the gather flowers button from the toolbar.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

what they do with herbs, if they take any and what they do with it.

do you have any ... trading post ? to help me define if it is really herbs - herb you have or it is something flagged as herbs ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Maybe this will help. This is a new map. The only thing I did on this map was to send the laborers out to gather flowers. The screenshots below should show what I'm talking about.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

yes the tool will collect flowers and herbs. but thats just the tool. i did it cause i integrated Busy Laborers of Darkbibou, in parts. he had a tool to collect herbs... i modified it to collect flowers too with it, that way , i didnt need a tool to collect herb + a tool to collect flowers. it does both

but it doesnt flag your flowers as herbs

as you can see your last screenshot, you have 12 herbs and 24 miscelleous in your state utility window

edit: so in your city, you should have 3768 real herbs. so what they do with it ?

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 22, 2018, 08:17:03 PM
yes the tool will collect flowers and herbs. but thats just the tool. i did it cause i integrated Busy Laborers of Darkbibou, in parts. he had a tool to collect herbs... i modified it to collect flowers too with it, that way , i didnt need a tool to collect herb + a tool to collect flowers. it does both

but it doesnt flag your flowers as herbs

as you can see your last screenshot, you have 12 herbs and 24 miscelleous in your state utility window

Right. The laborers or the game don't consider flowers to be herbs. The laborers just gather herbs when gathering flowers.

edit:
so in your city, you should have 3768 real herbs. so what they do with it ?

That's what I'm unsure about. My guess is the Bannies go to the markets to get their herbs/medicine. Or maybe to the hospital. I don't know for sure. All I know is I never did build an Herbalist.

The situation should be duplicate-able since the only mods I have installed (aside from yours) are banishedUImaps, banishedUImod, banishedUImt (all by @Discrepancy) and flatten terrain by GimmeCat.

I'll load that old map up and see if I can figure something out by trying to follow a Bannie.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 22, 2018, 08:42:45 PM

edit:
so in your city, you should have 3768 real herbs. so what they do with it ?

That's what I'm unsure about. My guess is the Bannies go to the markets to get their herbs/medicine. Or maybe to the hospital. I don't know for sure. All I know is I never did build an Herbalist.

it is there i wanted you to spy them :) do they use them ? and if yes, where ?

Hawk

I just followed a laborer for about 4 years and he never did pick up any herbs.
Then, just out of curiosity, I checked the inventory and found I still had 3,768 herbs - 4 years later, so it would seem that in this play the Bannies don't need herbs to get or stay healthy.

I guess I'm supplying them with a good diet.  :-\
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

grammycat

I also tried the flower gatherer who did pick up flowers and herbs which showed up correctly in the trading post.  One problem I had was my health fell to 4 so I built an herbalist.  The bannies would go to the herbalist with 4 hearts and leave with 4 hearts.  I'll have to play more tomorrow to further test the herbalist.  They are gathering herbs but not sure if they are using them on the bannies.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on January 22, 2018, 09:32:31 PM

yes this is the only reason you have full health: you have the 4 diet elements : grain, fruit, vegts and meat.
with this you dont need the herbs.

btw, thanks to spy them for me :) everything is running fine then :)

Quote from: grammycat on January 22, 2018, 09:41:15 PM
I also tried the flower gatherer who did pick up flowers and herbs which showed up correctly in the trading post.  One problem I had was my health fell to 4 so I built an herbalist.  The bannies would go to the herbalist with 4 hearts and leave with 4 hearts.  I'll have to play more tomorrow to further test the herbalist.  They are gathering herbs but not sure if they are using them on the bannies.

oh it can happends sometimes. this is because the numbers are rounded upward. if they were very very near to lose an heart, you will still see the same numbers. with time you ll see them going up

grammycat

Thank you for the explanation.  I'll keep an eye on that to see how it changes.  I am so enjoying this mod.

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 22, 2018, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Hawk on January 22, 2018, 09:32:31 PM

yes this is the only reason you have full health: you have the 4 diet elements : grain, fruit, vegts and meat.
with this you dont need the herbs.

Ah! That would explain it. I guess I'll send all the herbs to the trading post.  ;D

Sorry for wasting your time on this.  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Hawk

Well, other than the deal with the Florist and what could be the working radius being to large, I haven't found any other issues.

I do really like the greenhouses.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

i fixed it already from double 64 to back to 32 tiles