News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah considering it :)

people will have plenty of choice with the meat :) send to the butcher, send to the smokery, send to the saltery or send to the dry shack :D

while we are at it....

i had an idea, i dunno if people got alot of problem with that kind of ... idea....

whats about to make plenty of population animals, all with the same mesh/anim mesh, but named differently to give all the kind of meat the Watch Tower was providing ? (they all will look deers)
for sure i would have to lower the number of packs of animal in each kind because the map would be filled with roaming animals and that can lead to some lag.....
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

umm dang bumped the wrong key and deleted what i was typing. i don't think i am reading you right. what i read is 1 animal skin or pic but when hunted is different meats. so a deer becomes beef,pork,mutton,duck,etc. that i don't like. CC has added ducks,though they were overpowered. hunters seemed to bring in more ducks and feathers and less deer and leather.TOM has grouse,which harvests as chicken. they would work for pheasants or maybe turkeys.
      CC has "all the wild things" as a start condition.checked it out once a long time ago. takes all the livestock and spreads them all over the map. course they went overboard and did the same thing with grains and other crops.you couldn't place these in pasture but could hunt them.from what i remember this was cheated too far left.the animals were over abundant in large herds everywhere. but could antlers be added to make elk,or mountain goats from sheep,or the chickens colors changed slightly or size to be turkeys or pheasnts,pigs slight change makes them wild boars??
all without totally overhauling the animal program. they would be animated. coding would take changing the names from cows to elk,pig to wild boar,etc. i am not sure how the animals are coded,it may be impossable even or just some minor altering. in FS13,you could change the colors on the animal skin fairly easily.here probably not.it would take needing info from the CC team.
     the other option would be to lace decoration animals scattered around the map or add them to trees but way low on how often they would appear.then the tower hunters  look like they have animals to hunt. is there a way to give more overlays when the game draws the maps?
1 for the texture,1 for trees,1 for stones,etc.how many?we need an extra layer or 2.

RedKetchup

first you cant* change their sizes or modify their forms cause we dont have access to the .fbx
if you change 1 textures, even if they have many names, you change the texture for all the deers / fake deers. the name of the texture is written inside the .fbx and you can't* change it cause you dont have access to the .fbx

also, if i would do that i would lower alot the % chance of pop herds so we dont get overflow'ed with like crazy herds in africa while following herds and migrations :D
i would lower qty of each so you can get about same thing.

the only one i can change is the leghorn, i can edit the name of the texture in the leghorn.fbx to give it a partridge, goose, duck.... texture.
i dont understand what you mean about layers ?

brads3

yes i was afraid of how hard-coded the animals might have been done. by layers i mean the way the game draws the maps for each game. my understanding from NECORA and BT is the map is made in sections, 1 on top of the other. kinda like it draws the terrain then adds a "layer" of trees,then one of the grass or herbs and plants.et,then 1 of the iron and stone,etc.if i remember right,there is 4 of those.
    in theory if we could add more of these layers. we could have 1 to make odd things to add to the maps.be it animals like CC did,though they may have them attachted to trees or something.or a layer of relic type buildings like CC did with the skull mountains and a few other trinkets to discover.

where is NECORA and BARTENDER anyhow? they is greatly missed.

RedKetchup

not sure where are the layers you are talking. for me it is everything in 1 single paragraph. i dont feel there is any layers.

meanwhile, i finished The Dry Shack

Anjell

Very nice. I really wouldn't mind having only one animal model as long as I get all kinds of meat instead of FEATHERS. I spend more time with the game paused laying down roads and designing the residential & production areas.

Wait , wait ... do you mean in pastures as well ? Or did you mean wild animals ? The only wild animals I see on the map are deer and ducks. I use your hunter tower in every forester area and get all kinds of game and meats. The wooden butcher processes the poultry. The regular medieval butcher does the steak, etc.

Hawk

Can animal types be decided by terrain type? I don't know if I'd want a lot of different animals on one map.
I did install the CC animals before but even those few seemed almost a bit too much.

If different animal types could be spawned based on the terrain type, that would be cool.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

i meant only wild animals. i have my watch tower that are getting those meats but they dont hunt, they stay there and do nothing why the meats are created from thin air....

so i was wondering if instead to have that tower (note, i can do it too as extra) why not have the hunters getting the wild meats instead ?

i have no idea if a certain kind of patterns can be obtained through the "what kind of the map you choose" process : i think yes we can

Anjell

Hahahaha , They just have....ummmm  what's it called  ? Telekinesis Powers . They close their eyes, they Focus ... Puff, basket of Meat... NEXT 

RedKetchup

Quote from: Anjell on February 03, 2018, 03:18:37 AM
Hahahaha , They just have....ummmm  what's it called  ? Telekinesis Powers . They close their eyes, they Focus ... Puff, basket of Meat... NEXT

yup

RedKetchup

LOLLLLLLLL ROFLMAO !  ;D ;D ;D

the game code for herds works totally the opposite it should do ^^

i reduced and cut the population numbers by 4 and by 8 .... and this is what i got

int _cellSize = 2; // was 8
   int _largeCellSize = 12; // was 64

Turis

Hey, you've just resolve the worldwide hunger!!! ;D

Anjell

:o  I said ...... NO Feathers , NO Feathers, lol  :'(

RedKetchup

Quote from: Anjell on February 03, 2018, 03:43:26 AM
:o  I said ...... NO Feathers , NO Feathers, lol  :'(

no worry, i dont put feathers in game. if you get feathers, it is NOT from me :)

Hawk

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 03, 2018, 03:34:24 AM
LOLLLLLLLL ROFLMAO !  ;D ;D ;D

the game code for herds works totally the opposite it should do ^^

i reduced and cut the population numbers by 4 and by 8 .... and this is what i got

int _cellSize = 2; // was 8
   int _largeCellSize = 12; // was 64

LOL! Looks like the animals will be hunting the humans. LOL!
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]