Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on February 27, 2018, 05:35:12 AM
Good changes! :)

more to come :) working all morning and all afternoon on this
planning to release a new beta build this week :)

Now, the pasture and the cemetary will have a totally transparent footprint (both are tied together)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

I also switched the 1st floor little markets from toolbars. they are now in the RK Storage, next to the Medium Market :) (and before the specialized stockpiles)

i also fixed the LightHouse Unique appearence... you can now build multiple Lighthouse. sorry it was a residue from the original Townhall template.
(i also fixed a graphical issue: the house part had a graphical problem with the back wall)

RedKetchup

Just let you know, if i fix the fertilizer problem to get it stored in a stockpile instead of a barn....
it will make the game non save compatible because the fertilizer resource will need new models with stockpile models and since your existent save games wont have those : this will lead to crash (the only save games will be saves where you never built a stable, and never got any merchants selling those to you)

brads3

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 27, 2018, 07:15:31 AM
nice changes.

indeed

i am trying to read the 3-4 different posts and see the recommendations i've got from everyone...

now the fertilizer will have Custom4 (natural resources gathered not by mining) and will be stored in a stockpile. (will be same flag as sand/clay/hardwood/etc)
pretty sure it wont be save compatible. i will need to test with my own game. and if it really not, then i ll do the other very critical change about wild animal skins.

RedKetchup

modified all buildings so they use 1 worker by default. of course, all buildings allowing to change the amount of workers will continue to do so; it is just the default number that pop up when the building is built.

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 27, 2018, 07:29:15 AM
i am trying to read the 3-4 different posts and see the recommendations i've got from everyone...

now the fertilizer will have Custom4 (natural resources gathered not by mining) and will be stored in a stockpile. (will be same flag as sand/clay/hardwood/etc)

Nice to see, that my testing might be to some help. :)

Of cause I don't know what's possible, maybe this is the only way; I mean Custom4. I have issues with these special stockpiles for clay and sand. In this game the claypit/brickmaker and sandpit/glassmaker are located far away from eachother. Believe me or not; often there's more sand than clay on the stockpile close to the brickmaker and more clay than sand on the stockpile close to the glassmaker. It seems like the Bannis mean that, every of these specialized stockpiles need to contain all different materials. And I guess that piles, planned to contain clay or sand will be full of fertilizer. Now, this is of cause better, than all in all barns, but still not perfect.

galensgranny

RedKetchup, I like that you made the cemetery and fields have the transparent bottom.  I did not like the cemeteries  having the dark scruffy grass look, instead of the nice light green grass. 

It is also very good that you made the default for workers start at 1.  :) It is annoying in the regular game that fields and other work places have it set to 2 or more and then if I forget to put it to 1 even though I only assigned one worker, when I make a new field or other work building and assign one worker, one of the other same kind of work place loses their worker.

I did not get to read all the many, many posts in this thread, so maybe it was already asked, but are you going to make the upper level house part for the blacksmith, baker and butcher like you had in your older sets?  I would love it if you would.

Hooray that you added a "clear all" button for all the ores, instead of us having to do each one separately. 

What I love most about your new mod is your new stone houses and the new pinkish tile roofs on the tailor, school, and some other business buildings.  I wish you would make an F key variant so the houses could have a choice of the black or that lovely pinkish tile roof texture. 

RedKetchup

again, being able to target direct a raw material file .rsc would be again very useful instead a generic flag which are very very limited.

RedKetchup

i am not planning to do a specialized 2nd floor to the vanilla replacements of the tailor/bakery/blacksmith buildings.
they will have a version that fit under the multi floor lvl kit.

for the F variants... : maybe later.

RedKetchup

so itried to get rid of the stupid moiré in the ClayPit and the SandPit ...

it is a bit better but still some there i cant get rid of :(

RedKetchup

anything else to be fix ? btw i am at it ? LOL

Nilla

The merchants still bring jewels and perfume. I don't know if you want it that way but I guess; no one will ever buy any of these products.

I had to upgrade a mine this evening, so I built a candlemaker. It's nice. But as far as I remember it; you use CC values. Not very profitable; only 0.5 trade unit for each candle. So candles are not interesting to produce for export. I don't know, if you want it this way. It's alright by me. There are many other possible export goods. I only wanted to mention it.

RedKetchup

bah i took the CC files.. and go with those
i tend to do this unless someone say something thenafter :)

purringcat

RedKetchup... your two story colorful houses in MM8 are quite a bit darker than the original mod.   Did you make that change or did CC when they put together that massive mod?     I really liked the darker version - is it available as a single mod?   

Also, your Peaks Valley map had a + version and the ground was a custom version that I can't find anywhere.