News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

estherhb

The occupation "farrier" currently (at least in the U.S.) is used for someone who shoes horses. The term "blacksmith" is often used too for that job but they often do more iron working than just that.  :)

RedKetchup

i finished to integrate back the small cheap Creamery as promised :) i tried to keep all the essence of the old medieval creamery :)
it will be 2nd floor compatible :)
it has all Red creamery recipes but the big red creamery is faster and more productive.

Now i will read back everything you said about the little stores :) once read, once changes made, i ll compile the new Beta 10 :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

RedKetchup

i am making popcorn during i am compiling ^^  :P

RedKetchup

so i made those :

"Raw Materials"
String _text = "The Raw Materials Store is a little market that only sell raw materials (Wood, Minerals, Iron). Fit under Multi-level floors"

"Building Materials"
String _text = "The Building Materials Store is a little market that only sell Tier2 building materials (Stone, Construction: Lumber, Glass, Bricks, Rooftiles...). Fit under Multi-level floors"

"Grocery Store"
String _text = "The Grocery Store is a little market that only sell food (Proteins, Grain, Vegetables and Fruits). Fit under Multi-level floors"

"Supplies & Goods"
String _text = "The Supplies & Goods is a little market that only sell materials to craft various goods (Tools, Fuel, Clothing, Herbs). Fit under Multi-level floors"

"Fabrics & Co."
String _text = "The Fabrics & Co. is a little market that only sell fabrics materials to craft cloths (Textiles and Fabrics). Fit under Multi-level floors"

probably later i ll change the Fabric & Co to Clothier and make another one Farrier with iron and other metal

brads3

GRANNY, i would be glad to add info but i have a concern. the way my vendors work might not work with a different mod order. market A does this and market vendor B does that. but when you add several mods will they influence each other.so A and B might act somewhat different depending on mod C even.
         this is a theory that i started to see since the 1.07 change.the mods seem to cross over and affect each other in a different way than before.
where the old way the game would read from the top down and the top mod would override the next. now it seems as though the game can mix 2 or more mods together.not saying it should read that way but i do see odd things now and then.
      give you an example. KID has no mod with ducks included.at 1 time i had a duckhunter issue. the duck hunter would catch fish. usually very small amounts per year. this ment he would have less ducks.loss in production was a huge difference.he would get 5 fish and hundreds of less duck meat. not counting the feather difference.i moved a few mods and thought it was 1 of NECORA's mods causing the issue.not that he had ducks included either. next map duck hunter worked. i moved KID's mods around slightly and the issue came back.these mods were above CC,so should have not been affected by that.
        the mod set up i have now is more treacherous. it should read th top mod's start conditions and load those. it actually loads part of TOM's and then RED's darker terrains. the order of the 2 mods doesn't seem to matter to it. i have already seen subtle  behavior  changes of vendors. the SLINK market vendors nromally would come help the laborers. this is quite handy as they use the wheelbarrows to haul more.laborers can break rocks and stack logs while the vendor hauls items back. in this map the vendor does leave his market and come help. he carries as a laborer not with  a wheelbarrow,though.

galensgranny

Brad, I have noticed things get different depending upon what one has added to the game and the load order.  So I guess it would be difficult to discuss how markets work in a modded game with many different modder's markets, except to say what you did, that load order can make some unexpected changes.

Nilla

Now I do have to ask; how many children can the Bannis have in the NMT houses. First I thought 4 then I reconsidered and thought 3, but now I've looked again and it looks like 3 or 4 ???

Look at the picture. It shows the mother and the children. In some houses right column, there are 4 children. In the other houses there are 3 children and you can see, if 4 children would have been possible, there would have been another child in these houses as well. It looks like they can have 4 children if they live on the 3 floor but never on the ground floor. The second floor seems more random.

Maybe this is funny and quite realistic; you'll never know how many children a family can get but in that case it would have been even funnier with something between 2 and 6. In a vanilla speed game, it doesn't matter much. The agedifference makes it rare with 4 children at the same time. Even if a woman may have 4 children, the oldest has mostly moved out before the 4th is born. In a real time speed however it's different.

RedKetchup

maybe she gone through adoption ?  :D

multi level floor 1 :    int _maxOccupants = 5; (which is 2 adults, 3 children)
multi level floor 2 :   int _maxOccupants = 5; (which is 2 adults, 3 children)
multi level floor 3 :   int _maxOccupants = 6; (which is 2 adults, 4 children) :)

NMT Little houses:    int _maxOccupants = 5; (which is 2 adults, 3 children)

i ve gone through all textures and they are all the same :)
if you ask the question: Is it an error ? my answer would be no ^^ i think i known exactly what i was doing when i did it ^^ (3rd has alot more space so i added a child)

Nilla

OK, thanks. That will work.  I think the 4 child family in one of the 2 floor houses comes because of a separation; I took some nomads, the first house I built for them, was taken by a man with two children (no nomad), probably the father of that family. The 4. child was made in that brief time before I forced them together again, as there was room enough in the original house.

RedKetchup

anyone want some ... color in your Banished life ?  :P

screen 1-2 with original colors....
screen3 with -20% saturation, -20% lightness

edit: i will probably redo the arch long 2 tiles to make the arch going over the full 2 tiles. look abit weird like this

RedKetchup

i will maybe make some different tests with the brown and orange. i think they lost alot of their essence and shifted colors (too much mustard/rust) maybe try some -20,-10 or -20,0 or -30,0 (saturation, lightness) ^^

galensgranny

Many color choices is always a good thing!  I haven't compared with your Colorful Little Houses mod, but it would be nice to have some fences matching the roofs on those houses.

Will this be a stand alone mod? 

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on March 08, 2018, 11:47:59 AM
Many color choices is always a good thing!  I haven't compared with your Colorful Little Houses mod, but it would be nice to have some fences matching the roofs on those houses.

Will this be a stand alone mod?

i will certainly offer it in stand alone + inside RK Ed

and i guess i probably can make a 2nd set with the textures from Colorful Little House :)

-------------

meanwhile ...  i changed the 2 tiles width archway .... i also lowered the saturation of -20% and lightness of -20% (Brown & Orange of -20%, -10% though) ... oh and i deleted an unecessairy level of toolbars (changed also the icons)

RedKetchup

i know those can maybe shocked or stun people ^^ or people are just not interested....

i didnt found back the post...
but when i did white fence set, people asked me if i can make more colors. So i am doing it :D

i didnt really know which color i had to make.... and since i dont want to make more later once all this done... i chose those colors for all the people tastes ^^