News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on May 19, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
I'm looking forward for the gemcutter, I tend to trade for rough gemstones to make tools in my villages, so it'd be nice to have an alternative to the CC building.

gem cutter is already in Beta 12c :) and Jewel maker too.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

in the RK CHOICE, the crops start harvest automatically in sept regardless of the % yield. the blackberry orchard does not.

Nilla

Doesn't all vanilla orchards start automatic harvest in Autumn=October, fields in Early Autumn=September?

brads3

RedKetchup

yeah orchards are automaticly harvesting 1 month later than crops.

RedKetchup

well i think i am satisfied now of my new orchard: Hops.

took me a good week, 4 tries, with alot of boycott between tries....

thanks to @Voeille  for his thoughts on the subject... :)

what you guys think of it ?

Nilla

A really beautiful looking plant, but I'm sorry to say; I wouldn't have recognized it as hops. In my area hops grows very fast on 5 meter tall pikes and it "disappears" in winter. But it might be different in other parts of the world. I only know it from Sweden and German, so no complain. ;)

Willows

I like them! Will hops be food, or for alcohol make only?
Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Willows on May 29, 2018, 03:34:33 AM
I like them! Will hops be food, or for alcohol make only?

for alcohol making only.

yeah i tried to make thing slim and tall, but was very ugly so i tried different at the end. it is looking better even if it is not exact at reality. those are kinda similar to grapes, it need support, poles, wires.... but since the game is always turning things around on 360 degrees, we cant make those.

so i did it like that and look better

Voeille

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 29, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
but since the game is always turning things around on 360 degrees, we cant make those.

Do you mean that the game rotates seasonal plants with the camera? If so, you can use my custom billboard material that disables it :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on May 29, 2018, 05:14:46 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 29, 2018, 03:50:25 AM
but since the game is always turning things around on 360 degrees, we cant make those.

Do you mean that the game rotates seasonal plants with the camera? If so, you can use my custom billboard material that disables it :)

it is not the foliage planes the game can rotate for randomness, it is the complete mesh. if you make a decoration item, it wont be turned around.
but if you do a "natural" resource item , it has some spawn code and has also some hidden spawn code that will RNG the number of degrees and will rotate it.

thats a code Luke made to give some illusion to have x% more models. the view on a tree or a crop or a bush can be different depending the degres on 360.
and this code activate whenever it need to RNG a spawn. a spawn in the forest, in a crop, in an orchard.
go back and watch my orchard, you will see tons of different view and it looks like i made like a dozen of model. but in fact i made only 1 model that has been turned around by the game.
it is not the billboard effect.

Voeille

I see, the game just randomly rotates things for a more diverse look, like a mod for trees in Cities Skylines. How is it a problem with making the plant taller though? I think it'd still look good :) For all I can see in the pictures it only rotates things around the Z axis (assuming Z axis is the vertical one, it depends on the game, some have Z and some have Y as vertical for all I know), so it shouldn't change the shape or position of your model, just the rotation.

RedKetchup

it is a problem if you try to add a support (a set of poles and wires to support those thing in this picture, check on top in the sky) take out those support and those plant will never success to go that high. they all will fall to the ground.

so if you put some support frame, if it doesnt rotate, they would all imbricate together, but since they are always rotated, the frame never imbricate and expand evrywhere all around.

so some little bushes are good. although i made them 1m - 1m20 high and with some poly count saved, i added one at 2 third high and added another one at 1 third high. with 3 plants in triangle formation, it looks more better instead of 1 very thin tall one which was super ugly.

Voeille

What about a pole inside the plant? I mean, it would look like a pole in that picture, but it would be placed in the plant and look like the plant is growing around it, would that work?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on May 29, 2018, 07:08:32 AM
What about a pole inside the plant? I mean, it would look like a pole in that picture, but it would be placed in the plant and look like the plant is growing around it, would that work?

you can try it :)
pretty sure it will still look too thin, too weird alone in its 2x2 tiles or 2x3 tiles (not dense, vanilla) orchard :)