Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Westward Ho V1.02

Started by kid1293, July 25, 2018, 11:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Westward Ho V1.02

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=451

V1.01 - Fixed a crash with Wagon Master.
V1.02 - Fixed hunter and gatherer menu.

A mod for all of you who want to travel west with a wagon train.

I have included grass meadows from RedKetchup. They give thatch for his fodder chain.
Disclaimer - The grass is on the whole map and can be heavy for some computers.
In this mod, I have included original Natural Diversity flags for thatch. It can now
be collected and used as fuel to heat a house. I also made RK's flower meadows into grass.
I can not guarantee it will function together with RK's mods for fodder/flower chain.
You can try to put his mods above this mod in load order.

Vanilla starts on prairie map are for those who do not want to start with a wagon train.
Please remember that some buildings do not function fully. The vanilla forester will
still plant vanilla trees. (Good, if you want New Flora items on the ground)
The vanilla gatherer does not collect all resources. Use the gather buttons on the Remove Toolbar.
And so on...

Also included is the Bison Model from CC. Now they roam free on the prairie.

As always - Changing start conditions will make it incompatible with many other mods
that change start or terrain.

The Wagons
Home Wagons for 3 or 4 persons. Good for starters. Straight or angled.
2 Road Houses for two families each. Good to have as backup when nomads start to arrive.
Wagon Master is a town hall. Straight or angled.
A School Wagon to educate the children.
A Chuck Wagon for that special stew you always read about :)
  Made from Venison or Bison Meat and Potatoes or gathered Roots, Mushrooms, and Onions.
A large Water Barrel for one worker who fills it from nearby rivers or lakes. Used for stew.
A Standard Storage Wagon.
A Supply Wagon which is an adaption of RK's warehouse.
Some Support Tents for Hunter, Herbalists, and Foresters who plant/gather prairie trees only.
Tethering Post to attract nomads. You can choose how many nomads will come each year.

An extensive deco section provides you with most wagons as ghosted deco.
They each have an ox attached. The oxen are also separate deco.

kid1293

Just a heads up!
I think I have fixed Wagon Master crash and
I also added missing fuel flag in Storage Cart.

Please tell me it works! :)

kid1293

I uploaded a small change to hunter and gatherer menu.
They did not display all things collected.

Hawk

I'm surprised there has been no comments on this one. It looks really cool to me. I'm going to have to try this one too.
Course I am a western movie fan.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Goblin Girl

Hawk, I think people have been commenting elsewhere.   :)

c_jayy93

Hey, is there a new link to the fixed mod? :)

Abandoned

@c_jayy93 the link at the top of the page goes to the fixed mod.  :)

Hawk

Quote from: Goblin Girl on August 17, 2018, 03:39:15 PM
Hawk, I think people have been commenting elsewhere.   :)

Elsewhere? Hmm? I guess I missed that topic.  :(
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

kid1293

@Hawk
I guess she meant they commented in her story thread where she used this mod.

brads3

WB HAWK. you have missed a lot. the map blogs have lots in them.ABANDONED has broke this story into chapters. you will need to go back several of her blogs. i've been on my map  a  while and am behind on loading mods.KId and RED both have updates or new mods ahead of me.every month it is like christmas,always new toys.

Hawk

@brads3 - I knew I was going to have a little catching up to do. Generally happens when you stray a bit.  ;D

Thanks @kid1293. I usually don't read those blogs. I'm not much on reading any more than I absolutely have to.  LOL!
I do have a comment though. In the support tents tab, shouldn't there be a gatherer's tent?
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

kid1293

Hi @Hawk . I had a hard time figuring out a gatherer with RK's things on the ground
so I left it to his collect-buttons on vanilla toolbar. deadwood, food and thatch.
I think they work just as well. A little managing though.

brads3

so you are telling us we type those blogs for our health? there is so much info and pics in them. good info on putting multiple mods together as well.have you seen ABANDONED's map? each town is a different mod set. she is really good at finding some old but good mods.

Abandoned

thank's Brads3  :) just wanted to say those collect-buttons work great- you have control when, where and what you want to collect and it is fun going out to do so. 

brads3

LOL. KID RED keeps upgrading and making changes to the gathering as well. so far your  FO gatherers are very good at picking up a variety with awesome outputs. the FO you linked to the NAt DIV. that is what RED started with and he added to it and changed where things spawn from.

this part of the game has changed and is now a world of its own. there are everything from firewood to apples to maple sap now.i actually like the idea that not all forests are the same.there is much diversity. as in RL not all woods and grasslands are the same.the world is so different from 1 continent or country to the next. now the game is also.

however RED set things, he does override and affect hunters. your hunters do hunt elk,ducks,etc.don't feel you need to conform or make all your mods work different than you have them.